Search Angie's Recipes


Pumpkin Quiche with Gorgonzola and Pinenuts


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Packed with hearty, comforting flavour and a creamy texture, this easy keto, gluten-free pumpkin quiche makes a great option for a make-ahead meal. You could serve this elegant quiche as a weeknight dinner with a soup or salad and the leftovers make a great work lunch as well. Other nuts or seeds can be used for the topping too. If you're feeling fancy, you could sprinkle in some bacon or ham.

 
  • 1x350 g Keto pastry crust or regular crust
  • 220 g Pumpkin puree
  • 4 Eggs
  • 150 g Full fat Greek-style yoghurt
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 80-100 g Gorgonzola
  • 40 g Pine nuts
  • Fried sage leaves, to garnish (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Lightly grease a 20cm / 7inch springform pan. Prepare the pork rind crust and press into the bottom and 3-4cm up the sides the prepared springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
  2. Line the pastry case with crumpled baking paper and fill with pastry weights or some dried beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes, then take out the beans and paper and cook for another 5 minutes or until the pastry looks dry and golden.
  3. In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, eggs and Greek yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Crumble the Gorgonzola into the crust and pour the pumpkin mixture over. Sprinkle the pinenuts on top.
  5. Bake the quiche for about 30 minutes until the filling is set. Remove the quiche and cool on a wire rack until room-temperature warm. Garnish the quiche with fried sage leaves if using.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


36 comments:

eileeninmd 8/1/24 12:55

Looks yummy, I love Pumpkin! Thanks for sharing Angie! Take care, have a great week!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 8/1/24 13:26

Looks very pretty indeed, we do not have pumpkin puree canned here, sadly, so we have to cook and mash the pumpkin ourselves.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 8/1/24 15:06

Las quiches son una debilidad para nosotros, con calabaza y queso alguna he preparado, aunque no como esta, que además te ha quedado preciosa. Y en sabor debe estar exquisita.

[Reply]
Marcelle 8/1/24 16:24

I enjoy savory pumpkin recipes so much, I have a few I make all-year round. I can't wait to try this one, Angie!

[Reply]
JoAnna 8/1/24 17:02

A really interesting dish. I like pumpkin. Maybe I'll be tempted? And a very nice plate with blue patterns. Kisses. :)

[Reply]
Bill 8/1/24 17:26

Looks wonderful and I love pumpkin.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 8/1/24 18:22

What an elegant delicious quiche we love blue cheese this is calling my name!

[Reply]
Tom 8/1/24 19:31

...it looks like a wonderful treat.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 8/1/24 20:39

Looks delicious and how lovely that would be on a buffet table with an Autumn setting. Thanks Angie :)

[Reply]
roentare 8/1/24 20:53

The pie looks so delicious too

[Reply]
Pam 8/1/24 21:12

So delicious and I love the look of the pine nuts on top.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 8/1/24 22:48

That looks wonderful, let's eat!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 8/1/24 23:32

It is a really beautiful quiche!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 9/1/24 01:00

Pumpkin, Gorgonzola, pine nuts, and sage make a great combination. And the quiche looks terrific!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 9/1/24 02:53

I'd probably leave off the pine nuts, but it does look yummy Angie.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 9/1/24 03:01

You are totally right!....it looks so elegant....I will try it!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Citu 9/1/24 03:05

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Rose world 9/1/24 05:12

I like quiche but never try pumpkin quiche.

[Reply]
Grace 9/1/24 06:27

Me gustaría poder hacerla bien!
Parece muy sabrosa.
Muchas gracias Angie!!🤗

[Reply]
Eha 9/1/24 07:04

Coming from Australia of course I love and use pumpkins of all kinds the year round - but ALWAYS in a savoury fashion in this country! Your recipe is interesting . . . ordinary crust for me and I love the sage and pine nuts !!!

[Reply]
Diane 9/1/24 09:01

I love quiche and I love pumpkin, so this sounds perfect, thank you. Cheers Diane

[Reply]
speedy70 9/1/24 11:56

Ottima con la mia amata zucca!!!!

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 9/1/24 14:34

Not only does that sound wonderful, it is really pretty! You’re so talented.

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 9/1/24 14:35

I love the pine nuts on top, yum!

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 9/1/24 16:23

Looks amazing, and I'm a big fan of pumpkin! 😋
Happy Monday, Angie!

[Reply]
Anonymous 10/1/24 10:54

this looks so lovely angie and i bet it tastes fab. Must give it a go.

[Reply]
sherry M 10/1/24 10:56

that anonymous comment is me! sherry What is blogspot up to??

[Reply]
Breathtaking 10/1/24 12:00

Hello Angie :=)
Your latest recipe looks and must taste fantastic, I also love pumpkin, we grow them on the farm, and make a number of dishes with them. I also love pine nuts, a Christmas treat on everyone's table. They are probably the most expensive nuts to buy here, as they are hand picked and difficult to dislodge from the cone. My late husband and I once saw women in a cottage industry
picking them from cones. I realise why a small amount in tiny bags are way more expensive than the other nuts, however it would not stop me buying them for this recipe. Thank you for introducing me to this recipe Angie.
All the best
Sonjia.

[Reply]
paola 12/1/24 10:08

Zucca e Gorgonzola è un abbinamento fantastico anche per un risotto!

[Reply]
David 12/1/24 17:55

Hi Angie, I've never heard of pumpkin quiche and I'm not sure what I think about pumpkin and gorgonzola cheese...although I do like both items. I'd have to try a slice before I'd try to make this ourselves. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
tigerfish 16/1/24 04:33

Like this easy pumpkin puree+ egg+ yogurt filled quiche.Then gorgonzola to balance the sweetness of pumpkin and toasty pinenuts for the added final touches. Perfect.

[Reply]
Anonymous 27/1/24 22:31

What an incredibly wonderful combination of flavors! I love the pumpkin filling on top of the Gorgonzola cheese. Does it melt into the pumpkin or is there sort of a separate layer? David (C&L)

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 28/1/24 05:32

@Anonymous Some of them are melted into the pumpkin. I have crumbled them too fine, so can't really see much of them.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top