Search Angie's Recipes


Quinoa and Tuna Baked Pumpkin


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Packed with nutritious ingredients and delicious flavours, this baked butternut pumpkin with tri-coloured quinoa, tuna, and feta makes a perfect comforting fall/winter meal. It's low calorie and naturally gluten-free. Use other type of pumpkins or winter squashes instead of butternut if you prefer.

 
  • 1 x 800 g Butternut pumpkin, halved lengthways, seeded
  • 60 g Tricolour quinoa, rinsed, drained
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 Large red onion, peeled and diced
  • 2 tbsp Parsley stems, chopped (or a celery rib)
  • 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 Egg, lightly whisked
  • 3-4 tbsp Flat parsley, chopped
  • 120 g Canned Tuna in olive il
  • 50 g Feta cheese
  • Chopped flat parsley, to serve
  • Flaked almonds, toasted, to serve
  1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Use a small sharp knife to cut a diamond pattern into the cut sides of the pumpkin. Place pumpkin, cut-sides up, on a baking tray. Bake for 50 minutes or until just tender.
  2. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Use a fork to separate the grains.
  3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, parsley stems and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until fragrant and tender. Transfer to a bowl with quinoa, egg and chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
  4. Spoon the quinoa mixture evenly over the pumpkin. Top with the tuna and feta cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin is fork tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and toasted almond to serve.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


30 comments:

eileeninmd 6/1/24 13:15

Hello,
Your baked pumpkin looks delicious, another yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

[Reply]
Tom 6/1/24 13:24

...Angie, this looks fabulous!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 6/1/24 13:34

Esta calabaza está rica con todo ingrediente que se acompañe, pero seguro que con la quinoa está mucho mejor porque aumentará en sabor y saciará mucho. Un primer plato excelente.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 6/1/24 13:41

I have resolved to eat more quinoa and I enjoy tuna so this looks like a winning combination.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 6/1/24 13:45

Sounds like your gourmet meal is a winner with flavors to me!

[Reply]
Królowa Karo 6/1/24 13:53

This could be delicious! I have one more pumpkin at home, maybe I'll try your recipe.

[Reply]
midorilinea 6/1/24 14:21

Wow this recipe looks so healthy and delicious, thanks fo much for sharing! Will definitely have to try it out!

xoxo, MIDORI

https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-new-creative-outlet-for-my-daughter-hannah

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 6/1/24 14:47

That is such a unique combination and it sure looks good!

[Reply]
JoAnna 6/1/24 14:56

Hello Angie, I don't know this dish, but I'm sure it's tasty. I really like when food is colorful. Regards!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 6/1/24 15:03

I love how you made this in/on the pumpkin. It really isn't just tuna mixed in with pumpkin. hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Christine 6/1/24 15:17

I should eat more quinoa

[Reply]
Anonymous 6/1/24 16:14

Judee from Gluten Free A-Z Blog: So funny, we both featured a stuffed squash this week ( I did spaghetti squash) I love your idea of stuffing it with quinoa.

[Reply]
Jeff the Chef 6/1/24 18:16

I've been thinking that I should make some squash, and now I have the recipe! Thanks!

[Reply]
Granny Sue 6/1/24 18:17

You eat like a queen, Angie! I think I have everything on hand to make this one.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 6/1/24 18:52

Tis a nice meal for these cold rainy days!

[Reply]
bread&salt 6/1/24 19:33

Baked pumpkin looks really great. Also tuna fish is our favourite fish, thanks for the recipe.

[Reply]
Bill 6/1/24 20:35

Something I should try, it does look good.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 6/1/24 21:11

Great idea to add some tuna to this butternut, that must be deliciou!

[Reply]
Anonymous 6/1/24 21:12

You create this most inventive recipes. This looks terrific and sounds delicious. Karen (Back Road Journal)

[Reply]
roentare 6/1/24 21:30

The dish is a stellar art piece

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 6/1/24 21:59

Yum! I fixed myself tuna fish sandwiches the other day. This would certainly take my tuna up to the elegant. Thanks Angie :)

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 6/1/24 23:56

Many thanks for sharing this recipe.
I hope the New Year has started well for you.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 7/1/24 02:55

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 8/1/24 01:20

I love it!....I make something similar with leftover quinoa or rice, but I mix it with pesto basil and lots of cheese.....with tuna looks so tempting!...........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Sonia 8/1/24 03:19

Hi Angie, Quinoa is my favorite and love to have it anytime. Thanks for sharing and wish you happy new year!

[Reply]
DUTA 8/1/24 12:06

I usually I eat tuna in water, not in oil. I like quinoa and all the other ingredients. It looks like a healthy , delicious meal!

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 8/1/24 13:30

An interesting mix of flavors that looks comforting and hearty for cold, winter day.s

[Reply]
Marcelle 8/1/24 16:29

This dish looks nutritious and delicious, Angie! Your presentation is gorgeous too, as always 💜

[Reply]
Grace 9/1/24 01:46

Gracias Angie por esta sugerencia!
Se aprecia muy rica. A pesar que en Uruguay estamos en pleno verano, igualmente la adopto.
Preciosa presentación como todas tus publicaciones.
Viaja un abrazo. :-)

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top