Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 37 Cucumber Recipes to keep you cool in hot Summer



Baked stuffed Hokkaido with Camembert


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Deliciously simple: sweet Hokkaido pumpkin and earthy Camembert cheese from the oven. This dreamy combination is a wholesome meal that is incredibly satisfying and bursting with autumn flavour. It's low carb and gluten free. You can also serve this as a sharing appetizers with some sourdough crackers or toasted baguette.

 
  • 1 / 750 g - 1 kg Organic Hokkaido pumpkin
  • 3 Thyme sprigs (or rosemary)
  • 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
  • 2 tbsp Olive oil
  • Kala namak salt
  • Freshly milled black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Pul biber chilli flakes
  • 2 x 180 g Camembert rounds (I used Rougette)
  • 1 tbsp Pepitas
  • 1 tbsp Pumpkin seed oil
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Wash and dry the pumpkin, then halve the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Wash the thyme and parsley, shake dry and roughly chop.
  2. Brush the pumpkin halves with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, place cut side down on a baking tray and roast for about 25 minutes.
  3. Remove from the oven and carefully turn the cut side up. Sprinkle with the thyme and chilli flakes. Place the cheese in the cavity of the pumpkin halves and return to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, make a cross-cut into the cheese and fold all four corners outwards. Bake for a further 5-8 minutes, depending on the desired browning.
  4. About 5 minutes before the end of the baking time, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds onto a tray and roast.
  5. Arrange the pumpkin halves on plates, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parsley, drizzle with pumpkin seed oil.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




23 comments:

roentare 15/8/24 12:53

That is looking scrumptious

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 15/8/24 13:03

Fall is coming, isn't it? I don't know if we can get Hokkaido pumpkins here, but now I have something new to look for when I shop. Have a great rest of your day.

[Reply]
Judee 15/8/24 13:03

such a creative way to serve a pumpkin dish. Looks delicious Angie.

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 15/8/24 13:06

A delightful recipe Angie... This is a new for me about baking with an interesting part with Hokaido pumpkins ^____^

[Reply]
Tom 15/8/24 13:11

...colorful and exciting treat!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 15/8/24 13:51

Looks very cheesy! I love Hokkaido because you do not have to peel it, but have not seen it yet here, just squash and some little apple sized ones.

[Reply]
Doris 15/8/24 15:21

This baked pumpkin with Camembert looks like the perfect cozy meal for autumn! The flavors and simplicity make it so appealing. Can't wait to try it!

[Reply]
Cocoa and Lavender 15/8/24 16:20

Wow! This looks amazing. I’ve never seen a Hokkaido pumpkin — only Hokkaido scallops. I’ll need to look for it, or find a substitute!

[Reply]
eileeninmd 15/8/24 17:37

Looks delicious! Take care, enjoy your day!

[Reply]
roentare 16/8/24 00:10

A natural delicacy for sure

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 16/8/24 00:23

That does look wonderful! I never heard two of those words before LOL.

[Reply]
Citu 16/8/24 01:03

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 16/8/24 02:24

I see you've started embracing some autumn flavours, Angie! While it's a bit too early for me, this one is a great idea to try - such a wonderful pairing!

[Reply]
DUTA 16/8/24 05:49

The hokkaido pumpkin and cheese dish, looks rather...sexy on your plate. I'm sure it also tastes divine.

[Reply]
Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) 16/8/24 08:57

This is the first time I have seen the word Hokkaido, and as I love pumpkin, I know I would love this meal :)

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 16/8/24 09:12

What a lovely idea Angie. I'll keep on the lookout for Hokkaido pumpkin, however I presume any small pumpkin would work well.

[Reply]
2pots2cook 16/8/24 10:27

Perfect autumn dish although it seems so far away now, it's coming for sure!

[Reply]
Margaret D 16/8/24 11:39

My that looks delicious.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 16/8/24 11:57

Silly me, I thought Hokkaido was an island in northern Japan. Now I have to look for squash. But if I can have it with Camembert cheese it will be a very worthwhile search!

[Reply]
Bill 16/8/24 17:37

Looks so very delicious

[Reply]
David 17/8/24 06:53

Hi Angie, Love squash and this entree looks great...even without red meat! Never heard of or saw a Hokkaido pumpkin before. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top