Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 37 Cucumber Recipes to keep you cool in hot Summer



Butter-dipped Radishes


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Radishes dipped with softened butter and sprinkled with sea salt is a classic low-carb snack in French cuisine. The secret to this French canapé is in the quality ingredients. So use the best unsalted butter, fresh, mild radishes (I used tri-coloured radishes) and sea salt, like fleur de sel or herb/spiced salt. I used kala namak black rock salt because I love it. The butter really works to tame the pungency and peppery flavour of the radishes and, of course, a little salt simply enhances the flavour.

 
  • 120 g Kerrygold unsalted butter, diced
  • 20 Mixed coloured baby radishes
  • Kala namak
  1. Wash and clean the radishes thoroughly, leaving a little green. Pat the radishes until thoroughly dry – the dryer the better as the butter won’t stick to water.
  2. In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, gently melt half of the butter. Remove the bowl from the heat. Add the remaining butter and whisk until thick and creamy. The butter should have a silky, thick consistency, like a thick sauce, not liquid.
  3. When it reaches this point, dip the radishes in the butter, gently shaking off the excess, and place the radishes on a sheet of wax paper. While the butter is still soft, sprinkle the radishes with a little salt. Set aside in a cool spot until the butter has set, about 15 minutes. You can place the radishes in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap, for 10 minutes until butter has set.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


23 comments:

Tom 5/8/24 13:49

...a gorgeous wreath!

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 5/8/24 15:10

WOW, I can't have butter but those sure look great!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 5/8/24 15:23

Very exotic, and mildly strange, but you found such beautiful radishes. I haven't seen them in a long time due to the heat that killed everything. I am surprised that I still manage to find spring onions in the shop, but no chard nor spinach, sadly this summer.

[Reply]
Anonymous 5/8/24 15:45

Yummy, Kerry Gold butter is the best!
Jenna from the Painted Apron

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 5/8/24 17:06

This is delightful and we love radishes here. Beautiful presentation, thank you Angie!

[Reply]
Anonymous 5/8/24 19:39

That’s exactly how I eat my radishes! Beautiful photos.

[Reply]
Recetas al instante 5/8/24 20:18

Looks fantastic and delicious.
Let me know if you make the sweet rice cake from my blog.
I took the rice cake to a friend's house and they loved.

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 5/8/24 21:53

I had no idea butter and radishes were a 'thing'! I just saw a post on FB where a French woman cut a triangle out of her radish (one of those long, fingerlike radishes) and fill the crevice with butter! Your version looks more distinguished. Now I am dying to try radishes with butter!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 5/8/24 23:34

What a wonderful idea! It looks so obvious now that I see it!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 6/8/24 00:38

I didn't know Butter-dipped radishes is a real thing - at least I never would have thought of this combination. They sound intriguing and look pretty!

[Reply]
Anonymous 6/8/24 00:49

ilove your method for melting the butter! That is brilliant. I’ve always had trouble getting my butter to stay on radishes… I now have your solution! David (C&L)

[Reply]
Citu 6/8/24 01:11

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 6/8/24 02:56

I'm not familiar with this appetizer, but it sounds intrigueing.

[Reply]
Margaret D 6/8/24 08:38

Looking great Angie, just love radishes. Saw some at the supermarket this morning and it's winter!

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 6/8/24 13:30

I haven’t eaten a radish in years, I am obviously overdue so when I visit the store today I will buy some.

[Reply]
David 6/8/24 16:25

Hi Angie, It's not green so this is a vegetable offering that I can actually eat...and I do like radishes. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Bill 6/8/24 19:42

I love radishes and will have to try this recipe.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 7/8/24 02:30

I'm not a big radish fan, but I'm curious how the butter might mellow the sharpness of the taste. That's an interesting combo.

[Reply]
tigerfish 7/8/24 02:50

Uniquely interesting! Looks almost like dipped in white chocolate :p

[Reply]
Jean | DelightfulRepast.com 8/8/24 18:20

Angie, I've always meant to try this classic way with radishes but have never done it. I think you've just given me the push I needed!

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 8/8/24 19:51

Oooh, it looks almost too pretty to eat! What a wonderful way to prepare radishes!
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top