Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 37 Cucumber Recipes to keep you cool in hot Summer



Blackberry Tart


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Finally blackberry time again - and therefore time for a delicious blackberry pastry. Perhaps you have some bushes in your garden or neighbourhood that bear lots of the delicious fruit. If that's the case, then you should definitely try baking this blackberry tart. And of course, you can always go get some from the supermarkets.
Somehow blackberries are always somewhat overshadowed by strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. Yet they are so pretty, flavourful and great for our health! In this cake / tart, I replaced the white sugar with sugar alcohol (you can use either xylitol or erythritol) to make it a less guilty treat. Both pastry and filling can be prepared separately one day ahead, then bake next day. Cool the tart thoroughly before slicing to get a nice clean slice. If you can wait, refrigerate the tart until the filling is set, 1-2 hours.

 

Blackberry Tart

adapted from Gedeckter Brombeerkuchen via Gusto
PastryFilling&Topping
  • 300 g White spelt flour (or plain flour)
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 100 g Butter
  • 140 g Xylitol granular "sugar"
  • 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla powder
  • Zest of 1 organic lemon
  • 2 Medium eggs
  • A pinch of salt
  • 250 g Blackberries
  • 80 g Xylitol granular "sugar"
  • 4 Medium eggs
  • 60 g Butter
  • 2 tbsp Heavy cream
  • 1 Egg yolk, lightly whisked
  • 30 g Almond flakes
  • 125 g Blackberries
  • Powdered sugar
  1. For the filling, puree half of the berries and pass through a sieve. Combine the purée, sugar, eggs, butter and cream and heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture starts to thicken. Set aside to cool, then chill for an 1 hour. For the pastry, sift the flour and baking powder together. Add in the butter, xylitol, vanilla powder, lemon zest, eggs and a pinch of salt. Mix until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat the oven to 170C/340F. Thinly grease a 24 cm tart pan with butter. Set aside.
  3. Roll out half of the pastry into a round and line the tin with it. Fill the crust with the blackberry cream and the remaining blackberries. Roll out the rest of the pastry into a round, cover with the cream and press lightly around the edges.
  4. Brush the pastry top with egg yolk, sprinkle with almond flakes. Bake in the middle of hot oven for 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, leave to cool completely before slicing, preferably refrigerate the tart until the filling is set, 1-2 hours. sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with blackberries.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


30 comments:

Tom 1/8/24 13:08

...Angie, this sure is a yummy looking treat.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 1/8/24 13:16

I am happy for you that you have schwartze beeren I have not seen them here this year at all, everything is dead from the heat. I did not even manage to put some wax beans into the freezer for winter because we have none.

[Reply]
Javier 1/8/24 13:24

Beautiful presentation! I bet this tart must be very delicious!

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 1/8/24 13:51

Everybody’s lips are smacking in anticipation of the taste!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 1/8/24 14:12

Que aspecto más rico tiene esa tarta. A mi también me gustan mucho las moras.

[Reply]
Breathtaking 1/8/24 15:55

Hello Angie :)
What a delicious looking tart. I wish I had had a piece for desert.

[Reply]
Simone 1/8/24 15:55

Totally love blackberries too. In fact there are loads of blackberry bushes in the park across of my home and I have seen people diving into the bushes so I guess I should go and have a peek too before they're all gone!

[Reply]
MELODY JACOB 1/8/24 19:02

This blackberry tart sounds delightful—blackberries are indeed a wonderful fruit and make such a lovely tart! Using sugar alcohol to make it a lighter treat is a great idea. I can imagine how the flavors will meld together perfectly. Enjoy baking and indulging in this tasty creation!

I have just shared a new blog post and I would love for you to check it out and give me your feedback on www.melodyjacob.com. Thank you!

[Reply]
Laura. M 1/8/24 22:31

Gracias por esta rica tarta.Me encantan las moras.
Un abrazo.

[Reply]
Food Blogger 1/8/24 23:17

Thanks for the recipe. Looks so good!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 1/8/24 23:28

A piece of this tart would make my day!

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 2/8/24 00:25

Yum! Now how did you know I was ready for some dessert!

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 2/8/24 00:26

Angie I do love blackberries - except for the seeds, everything is special. Your tart looks so yummy.

[Reply]
roentare 2/8/24 01:06

A scrumptious desert to have

[Reply]
David 2/8/24 01:46

Hi Angie, That is a beautiful and appealing blackberry tart! Great presentation too! Love blackberries... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Citu 2/8/24 03:10

Se ve muy rico. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Raymund | angsarap.net 2/8/24 03:30

Can't wait to try this recipe, but I have to wait 6 months as they are not in season from where I am. Thanks for the inspiration!

[Reply]
Judee 2/8/24 04:14

I think blackberries are the prettiest and this pie looks amazing. Who eats all the desserts that you make?

[Reply]
Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) 2/8/24 09:39

This looks amazing! I am going to make this for sure :)

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 2/8/24 13:55

This looks delicious, and my blackberries are ripening too. YUM!!!!!!! Happy almost weekend to you Angie.

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 2/8/24 14:05

This looks so delicious! I love blackberries and I can't wait to try this recipe
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
Bill 2/8/24 18:20

I would love a piece of that delicious tart.

[Reply]
LoveT. 2/8/24 20:29

A really good recipe, it looks delicious

[Reply]
Balvinder 4/8/24 02:54

Yes, its black berry time again. This tart is very tempting. Berry desserts are calling my name lately.

[Reply]
sherry 4/8/24 03:35

blackberries are my fave berry! how delicious!

[Reply]
Anonymous 6/8/24 00:53

This is truly a beautiful work of art, Angie! I have never worked with xylitol, so I’m curious to see what it’s like. I’ve also never seen it for sale… I’ll have to look for it. David (C & L)

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top