Search Angie's Recipes


Golden Egg Curry


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This simple and comforting egg curry recipe, adapted from taste, made with curry leaves, ginger, mustard seeds, turmeric and coconut milk would make an excellent breakfast with Indian flatbreads or rice or can be enjoyed at any time of the day. If you want to make this spicy, add 1/2-1 teaspoon of chilli powder.

 
  • 6-8 Eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 tbsp Ghee (or oil of your choice)
  • 1 Onion, halved, thinly sliced
  • 15 g Fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
  • 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 12 Fresh curry leaves
  • 2 tsp Mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp Ground turmeric
  • 1 can / 400 ml Coconut cream
  • Cilantro, chopped (optional)
  • Chilli pepper, cut into rings (optional)
  1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Gently add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes or to your liking. Drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Set aside for 2 minutes or when cool enough to handle, peel the eggs.
  2. Melt the ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and ginger, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until aromatic and golden. Add the chopped tomato, curry leaves, mustard seeds and turmeric poweder. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mustard seeds pop.
  3. Stir in the coconut cream and simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Add the eggs and cook for 1 minute or until warmed through.
  4. Garnish with chopped cilantro and chilli rings if using, and serve the egg curry with plain basmati rice or Indian flatbreads.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




32 comments:

Tom 29/11/23 13:32

...this is new for me!

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 29/11/23 13:46

Oh my goodness that is one deliciously decadent dish!!! And so pretty.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 29/11/23 15:41

Sounds like a lovely overture for a farting symphony with eggs and curry lol Love all the colours in the photos.

[Reply]
Marcepanowy Kącik 29/11/23 17:16
This comment has been removed by the author.
[Reply]
eileeninmd 29/11/23 18:48

The dish looks pretty, thanks for sharing! Take care, have a great day!

[Reply]
roentare 29/11/23 20:42

That looks so tantalising

[Reply]
Bill 29/11/23 20:43

Thie is new to me also.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 29/11/23 22:49

I have already made such egg curry, and I confirm, it is very good.

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 30/11/23 00:19

Although I cannot say that I'm a huge curry fan, this dish looks good to me! I've tried once curried deviled eggs (liked them), so I bet this one is also tasty!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 30/11/23 01:57

It looks so good!....I have my own curry leaves bush!....I use it for my Indian curries....I have to try this recipe!!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Anonymous 30/11/23 02:10

Judee from Gluten Free A-Z Blog: Funny I published a curried dish for the very first time today! These golden curry eggs look beautiful and must be very flavorful

[Reply]
Citu 30/11/23 02:55

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 30/11/23 06:15

Looks excellent and I bet it tastes nice too.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 30/11/23 08:14

Que forma más completa de preparar los huevos, es un plato único perfecto, me apetece hacerlos así porque sé que nos van a gustar a todos.
Bss

[Reply]
Breathtaking 30/11/23 09:40

Hello and good morning from a very rainy Portugal.This delicious looking meal would be an ideal choice for this cold and wet morning. It looks so good and I love curry. Thank you for the recipe.:=)
Take care and have a nice day.
Sonjia.

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 30/11/23 13:04

Angie we love egg curry, and yours looks so full of flavour with such authentic Indian ingredients. I really want to make your version.

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 30/11/23 16:00

It sounds like it would be a good anytime meal.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 30/11/23 18:02

curry is one of my favorites... yummy

[Reply]
Pam 30/11/23 19:19

I've never had this dish before but I'm certain I would love it. Yum!

[Reply]
tigerfish 30/11/23 23:46

Reminded me of Eggs Sambal which I enjoy and miss quite a bit.

[Reply]
Julie 1/12/23 09:22

Wow !! This golden egg curry looks similar to a Kerala style egg curry with spices and coconut milk,yummy 😋

[Reply]
Paola 1/12/23 09:34

Wow! Favolose queste uova. Le voglio provare sono una vera tentazione, e hanno un colore fantastico

[Reply]
David 1/12/23 15:27

Angie, Once again you are off the charts with your creativity! Love curry and eggs too. Interesting mix. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Anonymous 2/12/23 03:44

Such a cozy, comforting dish for this time of year. I love using fresh curry leaves ! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
MELODY JACOB 2/12/23 14:38

From Glasgow, where it's snowing for the first time, good day. This looks like a really tasty meal, perfect for this chilly, rainy morning.

NEW POST: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/first-snow-in-glasgow-2023.html

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 3/12/23 10:28

this looks and sounds so good angie!

[Reply]
Anonymous 5/12/23 23:17

I absolutely love egg curry! I’ve only made it using quail eggs, so I should really try it with regular eggs. Thanks for this beautiful recipe, Angie. David (C&L)

[Reply]
Raymund 7/12/23 21:53

Definitely that is a good sauce to give good flavours to those eggs, love it

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top