Search Angie's Recipes


Marinated Steak with Labneh and Pul Biber Butter


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


It's quick, easy, and bursting with bold, tantalizing Turkish Doner Kebab flavours. The creamy labneh pairs perfectly with the well-spiced meat and pul biber butter help infuse the dish with that 'yum and rich' effect without much effort. Pul biber, also known as Aleppo Pepper, or Turkish Red Pepper Flakes, is a variety of crushed chilli flakes used in Turkish and Cypriot cuisine that has a fruity tang, smoky flavour and a moderate heat level.

 
  • 400-500 g Chuck eye / ribeye or sirloin steak if you prefer a leaner cut, cut into 3-4cm slices
  • 1 tbsp Dried mint
  • 1 tsp Garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp Sea salt
  • Freshly milled black pepper
  • 3 tbsp Olive oil
  • 80 g Butter
  • 1 tbsp Pul biber chilli flakes
  • 400 g Labneh
  • 1 tbsp Flat parsley, finely chopped
  1. Remove the steak from the fridge an hour before cooking. Trim and cut the steak against the grain into 3 cm slices. Put it into a bowl with the dried mint, garlic powder, cumin powder, salt and a generous amount of pepper, and mix well. Pour in the olive oil and mix again. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
  2. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the meat to the hot pan and cook for 1 minute on each side , then transfer to a small plate. Turn off the heat and wipe the frying pan with kitchen paper. Return the pan to a low heat and add the butter. Once melted, stir in the pul biber until the butter turns red, then remove the pan from the heat.
  3. Spread out the labneh on a serving plate. Arrange the steak on the labneh before pouring the spiced butter over the steak. Scatter over the chopped parsley and serve immediately.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




29 comments:

Lola Martínez 25/11/23 12:39

El filete marinado me gusta, pero con poco o nada picante, los demás condimentos le dan mucho sabor y lo deben hacer muy tierno y sabroso.

[Reply]
Breathtaking 25/11/23 13:07

Hello :=)
This looks like a delicious meal I know I will enjoy, because I like all the ingredients and I love marinated steak. Thank you for the recipe. :=)

[Reply]
Tom 25/11/23 13:26

...this should be a spicy treat!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 25/11/23 13:36

I think you have used labneh many times and I still cannot memorize what it is LOL Hope your weekend is not as windy and cold as it is here! Just came back from my Black Friday shopping and my cheeks are burning from the polar winds.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 25/11/23 15:21

Hello,
The steak dish look and sounds delicious, lots of yummy flavors. Take care, have a great weekend.

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 25/11/23 19:36

Muy buena pinta tiene esa carne. ¡Deliciosa!

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 25/11/23 20:05

I have never heard of Labneh before. Thank you for the link Angie, I found it very interesting, on top of the other delicious looking recipe. I'm learning a lot thanks you you :) Much appreciated and this looks another wonderful dish.

[Reply]
roentare 25/11/23 21:31

This is a fabulous dish!

[Reply]
Anonymous 25/11/23 22:38

Good Lord, you eat well! I happen to have some urfa biber, and I'm so curious to find out more about pul biber. I'll have to see if I can find some at my spice shop.

[Reply]
Citu 26/11/23 02:21

La carne se ve tan rica. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

[Reply]
Margaret D 26/11/23 07:08

Well that does look delicious.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 26/11/23 08:22

labneh and pul biber butter are new for me....look delicious.
Thank you for sharing recipe

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 26/11/23 14:15

looks fantastic and I love the addition of mint which I grow a ton of here I will try this soon

[Reply]
Rezky Pratama 26/11/23 14:47

hem,,,,
looks nice
i'm hungry now hehe

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 26/11/23 23:35

This dish looks great and flavorful. I would love it!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 26/11/23 23:49

I love Turkish cuisine, but I don't think I've had this dish before. And it looks terrific - such great flavours and textures!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 27/11/23 00:17

I'm not familiar with labneh, but your marinated steak looks so delicious. I don't eat beef all that often, but boy do I love it. Happy new week Angie.

[Reply]
MELODY JACOB 27/11/23 01:16

This sounds good.

You can read my new post.

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 27/11/23 02:45

we don't eat steak at home and i only have it once a year at a pub but this does look pretty delicious Angie! and i like the flavourings you use.

[Reply]
Marianela Beauty Tips 27/11/23 13:30

It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 27/11/23 14:31

I had to look up two of the ingredients like labneh. Your dish looks amazing and the recipe sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing.

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 27/11/23 23:32

That looks good Angie, thanks for sharing the recipe.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Pam 28/11/23 19:00

Such a great combination of flavors and textures. Delicious!

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/11/23 10:53

I would never have thought to serve steak on top of labneh. This looks beautiful, and so easy to make. I’m very lucky that a friend of mine who visited Turkey brought me back some pul biber. I can’t wait to try this, Angie! Thanks, David (C&L)

[Reply]
tigerfish 30/11/23 23:51

The use of different chili pepper Pul biber makes everything exotic!

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top