Search Angie's Recipes


Creamy Chanterelles


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


With this simple recipe, the creamy chanterelles become particularly fine. The fragrant mushrooms in cream sauce taste mild yet very flavourful at the same time. The creamy chanterelle is very versatile and goes well with many dishes (pasta, dumplings, chicken or steak).
I usually use a brush and wet towel to clean the chanterelles. But if you pick them up in the woods, you might want to rinse them thoroughly under water, then use a salad spinner or gently pat them dry with towels. You can also wash the chanterelles, leave them in the fridge overnight to dry out and cook them the next day.

 
  • 500 g Chanterelles
  • 1 Shallots, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
  • 1 tbsp Ghee
  • 1 tbsp Sweet paprika powder
  • 50 ml White wine (or broth)
  • 125 g Crème fraîche
  • 2 tbsp Chive, chopped
  • 2 tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper, freshly ground
  1. Brush the chanterelles to remove dirt and debris. Clean them with a damp towel. If necessary, gently rinse them under the flowing water and dry them thoroughly with a kitchen towel. Leave the small ones whole and cut the larger ones into smaller pieces.
  2. Peel and finely dice the shallots and garlic.
  3. Heat the ghee in a pan over high heat, add the chopped shallots and cook for 2-3 minute until aromatic. Add in garlic and the chanterelles and sauté for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
  4. Sprinkle the paprika powder on top, stir briefly and deglaze with the white wine. Let everything simmer briefly and then stir in the crème fraîche.
  5. Season the creamy chanterelles with lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Turn the heat off and stir in chopped chives. Serve immediately.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


29 comments:

delphine 26/7/23 20:52

Cette crème doit être délicieuse
Belle soirée

[Reply]
Tom 26/7/23 20:56

...a mushroom that is new to me, looks yummy.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 26/7/23 20:58

Very yummy looking and something we would love for sure

[Reply]
roentare 26/7/23 23:42

This creamy dish is just my cup of tea! I would try to make this dish

[Reply]
The Happy Whisk 26/7/23 23:52

Mushrooms and paprika is a staple in my kitchen. Delightful.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 27/7/23 00:54

That looks really, really good!

[Reply]
Anonymous 27/7/23 03:16

Judee from GF A-Z Blog: This recipe looks amazing. But I would be afraid to pick my own mushrooms in the woods!

[Reply]
Grace 27/7/23 03:23

Angie; por fin tuve un momento para visitar tu Blog. Te confieso que lo extrañaba. Me encuentro con una propuesta de hongos! Son mi pasión!
Tienes alguna que no lleve cebolla?
Gracias; afectuoso saludo con los mejores deseos!!

[Reply]
David 27/7/23 03:58

Hi Angie, We're back from a combination road trip and family visit so I'm trying to catch up. We explored a bit of the state of Missouri...which I will of course eventually write about. Laurie, my better half, would love this mushroom entree. She loves mushrooms...but not yours truly...so they are never on our menu at home. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Citu 27/7/23 04:16

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 27/7/23 04:20

This dish looks so good!!....Ideal for the fall season!.......Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
anne in the kitchen 27/7/23 07:30

Looks delicious! I see I need to go mushroom shopping right away

[Reply]
DEZMOND 27/7/23 10:29

They look so lovely golden yellow! I always wash shrooms, too afraid to catch some dirt or nasty bug if I do not LOL

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 27/7/23 11:08

A mi, que me gustan mucho todo tipo de setas, me parece un plato ideal con esa salsa tan rica.
Besitos.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 27/7/23 12:06

Mushrooms are such a wonderful component of any meal, and this dish looks exceptionally appealing.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 27/7/23 12:58

Looks delicious, I love mushrooms. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 27/7/23 19:27

Difficult to find chanterelles, too bad because this dish looks great.

[Reply]
Pam 27/7/23 19:41

My favorite mushroom. Yum!

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 27/7/23 20:41

Oh yes, this sounds absolutely superb! Thank you Angie :)

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 27/7/23 20:45

My sister LOVES mushrooms. I have to give her this recipe. Thanks!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 28/7/23 03:35

I don't really like the texture of too many mushrooms all together; a few thrown in is good though. Have a great Friday. hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Javier 28/7/23 13:58

What really strikes me is the cream, its looks great!

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 28/7/23 23:21

Such a lovely recipe, thank you.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/7/23 21:10

I love chanterelles but hardly see them at the markets. However, they are usually available when we travel in Germany and Austria and often they are prepared like your dish. I'm sure they are delicious. Karen (Back Road Journal)

[Reply]
Raymund 31/7/23 01:26

This recipe is perfect for showcasing the delicate flavors of these wonderful mushrooms, I love it

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 1/8/23 18:09

That looks so delicious. It would be the perfect accompaniment to pasta
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
tigerfish 2/8/23 03:25

This is such a delicious dish that I can have it all by myself. Did you pick the chanterelles in the woods? Fresh ones are not easy to find here. There are dehydrated ones though. You just reminded me I may hv a small pack sitting in some corner in the fridge.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top