Search Angie's Recipes


Easy M&M Banana Bread

Labels: { , , , , }

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This is such a delicious and easy recipe that is great for any occasion. It's moist, flavourful, perfectly dense, filled with leftover white chocolate eggs, dried fruit and topped with lots of M&Ms. One of the keys to getting a natural, strong banana flavour and a tender texture is to use over ripe bananas. I used erythritol, a sugar alcohol which has a very similar taste to sugar, to sweeten the bread, feel free to use regular white sugar instead. Store any leftover banana bread slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

 
  • 250 g Plain flour
  • 100 g Erythritol sugar substitute or granulated white sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 3 Large overripe bananas, mashed
  • 100 g Butter, melted
  • 2 Egg whites
  • 120 g Dried fruit (figs, dates, raisins or cranberries)
  • 80 g Lindt white chocolate eggs (leftover from Easter or chocolate chips)
  • 120 g M&Ms
  1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F and spray a 9-10 x 5 inch / 22-24 x 9 cm bread pan lightly with cooking spray or line with baking paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, erythritol sugar, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Mash bananas in another bowl. Melt butter in microwave, add it to the bananas. Now add in eggs and stir until blended. Fold in flour mixture until just blended, then fold in chopped dried fruit and chocolate eggs.
  4. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle on M&Ms. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool completely then cut into slices.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


33 comments:

delphine 28/7/23 20:44

Comme c'est gourmand
Merci

[Reply]
Tom 28/7/23 22:50

...I like M&Ms, but I would rather have banana bread with some walnuts.

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 28/7/23 23:22

Not for me but I think the grandchildren would like this ...

All the best Jan

[Reply]
roentare 28/7/23 23:40

It looks like the mosaic Greek floor in bathroom!

[Reply]
kathyinozarks 28/7/23 23:48

How fun-I love the idea of the added m & m"s

[Reply]
Balvinder 29/7/23 02:38

Lovely! I would send this post to my daughter. She might be interested in making this for her friends.

[Reply]
Citu 29/7/23 03:58

Gracias por la receta. nunca he hecho pan de plátano de esa forma. Lo hare pronto. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

[Reply]
Margaret D 29/7/23 04:03

A different twist on banana bread, would be nice.

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/7/23 05:32

Judee from GF A-Z blog- This looks like a festive party cake! M & M's happen to be my favorite candy. I would eat this in a minute!!

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 29/7/23 07:13

banana smell and taste are good for me...
thank you for sharing recipe

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 29/7/23 07:59

Que bueno el pan de plátano, no conozco una forma mejor de utilizar los plátanos muy maduros. Que rico para desayunar!

[Reply]
Neil 29/7/23 08:04

I love banana bread! Great idea to put M&M's on top!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 29/7/23 10:08

Bet it was soft and moist! I'd skip the em en ems as it is always a bad idea melting them since they always turn into a nasty mess LOL

[Reply]
eileeninmd 29/7/23 12:03

Hello,
M&M's and banana bread, that sounds like a treat. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great weekend.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 29/7/23 12:29

My wife makes a great banana bread with walnuts, sans M&Ms, and I hope she keeps it that way.

[Reply]
Marianela Beauty Tips 29/7/23 12:36

Nice result, it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 29/7/23 15:09

Delicious my grand kids would love this!

[Reply]
Jeff the Chef 29/7/23 17:03

What a cute bread! I haven't had banana bread in ages. You've inspired me!

[Reply]
Bill 29/7/23 18:17

That's different, we usually have walnuts in banana bread. I would try it though. :)

[Reply]
David 29/7/23 19:39

Angie, Very innovative and creative! I'm not sure what I think about M&Ms in my baked goods although I do like them. My favorite M&M snacks are a mix of peanuts and raisins with M&Ms. I really like peanut M&Ms and that's the reason we don't keep them in the house... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 29/7/23 23:44

Te ha quedado delicioso y con una presentación preciosa 😍

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 30/7/23 04:50

Love the fun idea of adding M&Ms!
Happy Sunday, Angie

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 30/7/23 22:11

Great idea for kids!!......Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 30/7/23 22:51

A great cake for children!

[Reply]
Raymund 31/7/23 01:25

This banana bread recipe sounds absolutely delightful

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 31/7/23 14:33

The M & M's really add a pop of color. Bet it adds great flavor of chocolate too!

[Reply]
Valentina 1/8/23 00:11

Well, this is fun! I never met a person who didn't love M&Ms! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 1/8/23 18:09

It looks amazing and who doesn't love M&Ms!
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
tigerfish 2/8/23 03:21

The M&Ms brought color and fun vibes to the banana bread.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 3/8/23 00:49

It looks like a fun bread to eat. And to make. I made rye m&m cookies a few weeks ago. The colors, like with your bread, put a smile on the face of the eater. hugs-Erika

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top