Search Angie's Recipes


Roasted Edamame with Sesame and Black Garlic


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Roasted edamame is both delicious and nutritious. It's easy to make and makes a great snack. They are the best on the same day you roast them. It's naturally gluten free, nut free, and dairy free!
I used black garlic granules and fleur de sel as the seasoning, but you can use any spices you like, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, ginger, curry or simply just salt and pepper. You can use either fresh or frozen (thawed) edamame beans. Thaw the frozen shelled edamame on the counter for two hours. To quickly thaw the beans, soak them in some hot water for 1-2 minutes. Drain well before tossing with spices.

 
  • 350 g Organic shelled edamame / young soya beans (thawed if using frozen one)
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 tsp Roasted sesame seed oil
  • 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (I used a mixture of black and white)
  • 1/2 tsp Black garlic granules (or regular dried garlic)
  • 1/3 tsp Fleur de sel (or regular sea salt)
  1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Place shelled edamame in a mixing bowl. Add in olive oil, roasted sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Mix to combine. Season with black garlic and lava salt.
  2. Spread the mixture in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake in the middle of hot oven for 20 minutes or until they begin to brown. Enjoy as a snack and refrigerate any leftovers.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




29 comments:

Nancy Chan 27/5/23 22:43

Looks good and yummy. Happy weekend.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 27/5/23 23:19

Never had me edamame but I think I'd like them, we only have them frozen, but very expensive and for just 350 grams bag.

[Reply]
roentare 27/5/23 23:54

Edamame is what my friend and I enjoy on the daily basis

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 28/5/23 00:33

I've never had anything like that but it does look terrific!

[Reply]
Tom 28/5/23 01:42

...they look like something to try!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 28/5/23 02:17

All your veggie dishes lately have been making me hungry. I've never tried roasting beans. I bet they taste good. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 28/5/23 09:48

Muy rico debe estar, un día de estos cuando lo vea, lo compro para probarlo en una de tus recetas. Un beso.

[Reply]
Rose world 28/5/23 11:21

I love edamame. Very nutritious and healthy snack. I am just fine by boiling them and eat like that.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 28/5/23 12:14

Hello,
Looks yummy, a healthy treat. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week!

[Reply]
Norma2 28/5/23 17:40

Angie, despite the fact that my country is the 3rd. world exporter of soybeans did not know the name edamame and I had to resort to Google to know what it was. It's thenI thought that around here they could be replaced by dried soybeans soaked in water and cooked

[Reply]
Neil 28/5/23 18:33

I often pick edamame beans as an appetiser if they're on the menu at a restaurant. Never made them myself though. Love this!

[Reply]
Bill 28/5/23 20:52

Looks good and delicious.

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 28/5/23 21:53

Hola Angie. ¡Qué rica y saludable está receta de edamame! .Gracias por compartir. Un beso 😘

[Reply]
SPACE 29/5/23 00:02

Looks very delicious, nice photos.

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/5/23 04:52

Looks good!

I love eating fried and pickled garlic!

[Reply]
Javier 29/5/23 12:29

Such a healthy and delicious snack!

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 29/5/23 12:31

It seems that the only time we eat edamame is when we go to our favourite sushi restaurant, so I should make the effort to incorporate edamame into meals at home.

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 29/5/23 13:39

I eat them too this afternoon Angie...but i boiled them still with their skin

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 29/5/23 14:02

black garlic sounds attractive.... I'll find it in grocery...
thank you for sharing recipe

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/5/23 17:59

How interesting! I don't think I've ever had edamame served in this way!

[Reply]
Raymund 31/5/23 23:55

Thank you for sharing this wonderful roasted edamame recipe! I can't wait to give it a try and savor the flavorful and nutritious snack.

[Reply]
tigerfish 1/6/23 01:07

Absolutely addictive munchies! Love those black garlic granules as seasoning, but I don't find it here.

[Reply]
valentina 7/6/23 23:23

This is the perfect snack/dish for my family. Everyone loved edamame and these seasonings sound amazing. :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top