Search Angie's Recipes


Hot Smoked Sprat Frittata


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Hot smoked sprats and eggs are a marriage made in breakfast / brunch heaven. Whip up this delicious and healthy frittata with eggs, hot smoked sprats, Greek yoghurt, dill, and cherry tomatoes in less than half an hour. It's naturally gluten-free and keto friendly.
Sprat, or brisling, a small oily fish, is rich in high quality protein and beneficial omega-3 fatty acids. They're very similar to sardines in size, but have a somewhat meatier taste. The smoked flavor makes them special! You can leave the sprats intact, head on and guts in and eat them whole.

 
  • 6 Eggs, large
  • 80 g Full fat Greek yoghurt
  • 2 tbsp Dill, chopped
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 100 g Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Salt and pepper
  • 130 g Hot smoked sprats
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. In a bowl, stir the eggs and yoghurt until combined. Season with salt and pepper and stir in chopped dill.
  2. Prepare a 22cm oven-safe non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and sprats on top. Let it cook for about 4 minutes on low heat.
  3. Then take the skillet to the oven for about 25 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


27 comments:

eileeninmd 7/2/24 12:36

Looks so pretty and colorful, another yummy recipe.
Take care, have a great day!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 7/2/24 13:18

Fritatta is always a winner, although I prefer it for lunch or dindins. Would not eat sprats even if you pay me though LOL but I am sure they taste delish. I think the last fish I ate was at least ten years ago if not fifteen.

[Reply]
JoAnna 7/2/24 14:17

High-protein food. I like eggs and tomatoes.

[Reply]
Tom 7/2/24 15:05

...this looks delicious!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 7/2/24 16:50

Creo que el espadin es el pescado que por aquí llamamos boquerón. No lo había visto hasta ahora en una frittata, pero veo que queda muy bien.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 7/2/24 17:29

I just want to eat it right now!!....I love every ingredient of this frittata!!!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 7/2/24 22:43

Te ha quedado un plato delicioso y saludable. Besos

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 7/2/24 23:22

This is such a beautiful frittata!

[Reply]
roentare 8/2/24 00:54

That Frittata looks magnificent.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 8/2/24 01:34

This looks like a yummy dinner on a cold night. I enjoy egg dishes for dinner. Hope you're week is going well. hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Margaret D 8/2/24 05:17

My that does look wonderful.

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 8/2/24 10:46

smoked sprats are full of nutricious....i like the way you set platting that looks like a pizza....Yummy

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 8/2/24 13:02

You do come up with interesting meals. Yesterday I had sardines for lunch but Sprat Frittata sounds much more exciting.

[Reply]
Velva-Evening With A sandwich 8/2/24 17:22

Beautiful as always. I had to think about what is 'Sprats' then I saw the photo, fish!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 9/2/24 00:26

I love smoked sprats. But they are quite strong in terms of prominent flavour, so I love that you've balanced it out with Greek yogurt and tomatoes. Looks fantastic!

[Reply]
Anonymous 9/2/24 03:02

looks delicious Angie. I love frittata and we have it quite often for dinner. I'd leave out the cherry tomatoes tho :=)

[Reply]
Javier 9/2/24 07:55

I wish I had your creative skills! This looks incredible

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 9/2/24 09:18

I’ll pass on leaving the heads on and guts in! Looks like a very tasty dish.
Éva https://kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com/

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 10/2/24 00:10

Looks so good and so healthy :)

All the best Jan

[Reply]
David 10/2/24 04:30

Hi Angie, This frittata is a bit outside my comfort zone. Leaving the heads on and eating the guts is not something I could do... I guess that its what one is used to. I do like sardines and I'd probably like sprats...minus those other parts. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 10/2/24 09:17

This looks delicious but I had never heard of sprats, but now I have. Beautifully presented as always.

[Reply]
Raymund | angsarap.net 14/2/24 20:56

can't wait to try this mouthwatering dish and enjoy the unique taste of the sprats complemented by the other ingredients. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!

[Reply]
Anonymous 18/2/24 06:24

I know that sprats and sardines are not exactly the same, but I bet I could use sardines for this dish. What a lovely and interesting combination. David (C&L)

[Reply]
Judee 18/2/24 21:29

I looks so pretty and something that would really appeal to my husband.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top