Search Angie's Recipes


Salmon Tart


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This savoury salmon tart is perfect for a light meal served with some bitter arugula salad and lemon wedges, to take to a picnic or as a lunch box filler. It transports well and can be enjoyed warm or cold. You can use ready-to-roll butter puff pastry in place of keto crust or shortcrust as the base for this quiche, though making your own pastry is far easier than you might think. If you use ready-made pastry, the tart can be ready in about 30 minutes.

 
  • 1x350 g Keto pastry crust or regular shortbread crust (Homemade or storebought)
  • 5 Large eggs, at room temperature
  • 180 g Sour cream (or Greek yoghurt)
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 15 g Fresh dill, chopped
  • Salt and freshly milled black pepper
  • 280 g Skinless salmon fillet, cut into long thin strips
  • 1 tbsp Baby capers
  • Lemon wedges and arugula leaves, to serve
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 20-22cm / 7-8inch tart pan with the prepared pastry crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
  2. Line the pastry case with crumpled baking paper and fill with pastry weights or some dried beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes, then take out the beans and paper and cook for another 5 minutes or until the pastry looks dry and golden. Whisk eggs, sour cream and Dijon mustard in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chopped dill and season with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange salmon in tart shell and pour over egg mixture. Sprinkle with capers. Bake for 30 minutes or until light golden and set. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and arugula leaves.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


31 comments:

Tom 9/12/23 12:57

...Angie, this is another fabulous dish!

[Reply]
Breathtaking 9/12/23 13:19

Hello Angie:=)

Mouth watering easy to do recipe, I love fresh salmon, and it looks delicious. I am now following your blog. Thank you for the recipe.
Have a great day.
Sonjia.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 9/12/23 14:46

That sure looks great, I love yummy salmon.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 9/12/23 15:21

Your salmon tart looks delicious, another great recipe. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

[Reply]
Bill 9/12/23 16:06

Sounds good and looks great.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 9/12/23 16:32

When it is this frosty, freezing and foggy best thing is to have something from the oven on the table! I froze my bum this morning when I went to the bookstore and Lidl, and had to bake some oats and peanuts crackers for dindins to warm up the kutchen.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 9/12/23 17:04

I love the way that slice looks so tender and the salmon looks juicy

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 9/12/23 17:17

I'm saving this recipe because we love salmon in my house, and this looks like a yummy way to serve it. Happy weekend Angie.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 9/12/23 18:13

Las quiches son perfectas para mi, las preparo a menudo, de salmón también he cocinado alguna, pero no como esta, que seguro es deliciosa.

[Reply]
roentare 9/12/23 21:12

The tart looks scrumptious

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 10/12/23 00:01

Yum! This looks so good! Thanks Angie :)

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 10/12/23 01:28

Savoury pies and tarts are the best! :) I made something similar with smoked salmon, but not I'm craving one with fresh. Nicely done!

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 10/12/23 02:31

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 10/12/23 06:44

Yummy, looking good and I bet it tastes good too.

[Reply]
Eha 10/12/23 07:30

Well, I really do like what you have put into this - it just calls out 'Where's your plate? Hurry up!' Ordinary pastry and yoghurt methinks and I love the dill and capers and , and . . . OK, alles aufgeschrieben !!!

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 10/12/23 07:38

great way to cook salmon...
thank you for sharing recipe

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 10/12/23 14:57

I will be printing this recipe. I LOVE it! And glad you made it with raw salmon. Lots of people use smoked salmon/lox in baking but it changes the texture and creates a saltier taste that I don’t like. Personally lox should be left alone! Great recipe and I’ll be printing it!

[Reply]
Balvinder 10/12/23 16:32

This looks great.
I was talking to my daughter last night that I am planning to make a savory tart for our Christmas dinner. You definitely have read my mind.

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 10/12/23 16:45

Ooo, I absolutely love salmon! 😋

Hugs and blessings, Angie

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 10/12/23 23:36

Your tart is beautiful. With dill it is the perfect combo.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 11/12/23 03:58

I love it!!....for sure I will make it since I love salmon quiche!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Grace 11/12/23 04:53

Agendo encantada esta deliciosa receta. Muchas gracias Angie!
Buena semana!!☀️

[Reply]
Cristina Bernardi 11/12/23 06:30

Deve essere squisita, davvero una prelibatezza!

[Reply]
Daniela 11/12/23 14:13

Questa torta salata deve essere squisita! Mi salvo la ricetta, sicuramente la mia famiglia apprezzerà :) Un abbraccio

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 11/12/23 15:04

I just love this. The large chunks of salmon in a creamy base with a delicious crust. The keto version would feed a lot more people because the crust is usually so filling. I wonder if it would set enough without a crust? Definitely going to save this recipe for an upcoming brunch with friends next week.

[Reply]
Granny Sue 11/12/23 21:19

Wow! I could easily make this, just need to get to the store for salmon.

[Reply]
2pots2cook 12/12/23 10:29

Wow! This tart seems great to make for Feast of Seven Fishes!

[Reply]
David 12/12/23 18:54

Hi Angie, I can't eat the green beans in your most current post but this recipe looks good to me! Love salmon, dill, capers...and this is a fairly simple recipe too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 12/12/23 23:20

We enjoy salmon in our recipes.
This looks great :)

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 14/12/23 07:15

Angie, this is the perfect salmon quiche recipe. I love that you use fresh salmon, but don't need to cook it first, and the white sauce is nice and simple. I will definitely be making this recipe. Fresh salmon is expensive here now so something special needs to be done with it in the kitchen.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top