Search Angie's Recipes


Peanut Butter Soup


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This hearty peanut soup recipe is made with simple ingredients like all natural peanut butter and tomato puree, but packed with flavour and nutrients. It's dairy-free, gluten-free and keto-friendly. Natural peanut butter works the best for the soup as it is made with just fresh roasted peanuts and a dash of salt and contains no other additives like sugar, preservatives and trans fat. If you have a high-powered blender or processor, then it's very easy to make your own. Simply roast the peanuts, add them to the food processor with a little sea salt, and process to a smooth paste.

 
  • 1 Onion, peeled and diced
  • 2 Garlic cloves, peeld and chopped
  • 15 g Ginger, peeled and chopped
  • 1 Red chilli
  • 1 tbsp Coconut oil
  • 400 ml Tomato puree
  • 400 ml Chicken broth (more if you prefer it thinner)
  • 200 g All-natural peanut butter (just roasted peanuts and a dash of salt)
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 50 g Roasted and salted peanuts
  • 15 g Coriander leaves
  1. Peel the onion, garlic cloves and ginger. Finely dice the onion, chop the garlic cloves and the ginger. Wash, dry and deseed the chilli, then chop finely.
  2. Heat coconut oil in a large pot and sauté onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in it on low heat for about 10 minutes. Add tomato puree, broth and peanut butter, stir and simmer for about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  3. Coarsely chop the peanuts. Wash the cilantro, shake dry and coarsely chop the leaves as well. Garnish the soup with the chopped peanuts and cilantro before serving.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


34 comments:

roentare 15/12/23 12:32

That is a heart warming soup

[Reply]
Tom 15/12/23 12:44

...I love peanut butter, but in soup? Have a wonderful weekend, Angie.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 15/12/23 13:00

Seems simple and nutritious. I’ll earmark this one for sometime over the next couple of weeks.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 15/12/23 13:18

Wow that sounds so comforting and creamy deliciousness!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 15/12/23 13:56

Be still my heart. I LOVE anything peanut butter. You know I'll be printing this off. Thanks Angie. Have a great start to your weekend.

[Reply]
Frank | Memorie di Angelina 15/12/23 14:50

Definitely something I want to try soon. Peanut butter is one of my biggest weaknesses. Eat it right out of the jar. Can't get enough of it!

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 15/12/23 15:00

yummy....nice creammy soup for December. Have a nice day Angie ^^

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 15/12/23 15:27

I've never had peanut butter soup but I really like peanut butter so why not?!?!

[Reply]
speedy70 15/12/23 15:28

Grazie per questa deliziosa ricetta!!!!

[Reply]
eileeninmd 15/12/23 15:50

Peanut butter soup, sounds interesting. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

[Reply]
Anonymous 15/12/23 15:52

Unusual but looks good -Christine cmlk79.blogdpot.com

[Reply]
Anne in the kitchen 15/12/23 17:12

I have made a peanut soup before with this same flavor profile, but using the peanut butter sounds like it would be a better consistency. Thanks!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 15/12/23 19:58

Nice photos and set design, especially the first photo.
Sometime I feel sad for the people who are allergic to peanuts, they are such practical nuts and cheap too. I will actually make sunflower and peanut and oat crackers tomorrow for my weekend dindins. I don't like peanut butter, though, probably because we never had it here much or not at all before. We are the land of margarine as we grow tons of sunflower for oil in my Vojvodina. And mayo too!

[Reply]
Bill 15/12/23 20:44

I love peanut butter so I'll be trying this.

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 15/12/23 22:49

¡Te ha quedado deliciosa! ¡Me encantaría probarlo!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 16/12/23 01:28

I've only used peanut butter in curry, so this soup is intriguing. Looks so hearty and tasty!

[Reply]
Citu 16/12/23 03:02

Rica sopa. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 16/12/23 05:48

Something different is this soup, but I bet it tastes nice.

[Reply]
Neil 16/12/23 07:24

What a wholesome and flavourful delight! A different soup altogether. This hearty peanut soup is a nutritious bowl that truly nourishes the body and soul!

[Reply]
Stefania 16/12/23 08:19

Sembra veramente deliziosa questa zuppa.
Super ideale per la stagione fredda

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 16/12/23 08:45

La mantequilla de maní me gusta mucho, así que supongo que la sopa también, aunque nunca la he probado. La tuya luce muy bien, debe ser super rica.

[Reply]
Julie 16/12/23 09:09

looks so delicious, perfect for the weather !!

[Reply]
Rose world 16/12/23 09:59

I never knew such soup. Peanut butter soup. Must be delicious and creamy.

[Reply]
Tine de Jong 16/12/23 12:08

Hello Angie, Came across your blog through a blogfriend that I also follow and have seen quite a few yummy recipes you had posted. Have heard a lot about it but never made it myself. But with your recipe you wrote I am definitely going to make it sometime. Thanks for this. Greetings from the Netherlands

[Reply]
Balvinder 16/12/23 19:27

This looks delicious. I love adding peanut butter to thicken soup and curry but have never made soup just with it. Definitely trying this.

[Reply]
David 16/12/23 20:02

Angie, My wife loves peanut butter so this soup would be a winner for her! Peanut butter is perhaps her favorite single food... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Anonymous 16/12/23 22:23

Judee Gluten Free A-Z Blog: This must have an incredible flavor. I love your presentation and know that I would truly enjoy this flavorful soup.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 17/12/23 00:34

I had seen this soup on your instagram, I love it!

[Reply]
Pam 19/12/23 20:48

Comforting and delicious.

[Reply]
Raymund 20/12/23 22:08

Reminds me of the Filipino Kare Kare, I think it would be a hit with many people due to its versatility and healthy qualities. Thank you for sharing it!

[Reply]
Cocoa and Lavender 1/1/24 21:40

This is sort of like my ground nut stew - -but I must try it as yours has some different ingredients. I loved the idea of peanut butter stew the minute I heard of it!

[Reply]
Anonymous 3/1/24 00:01

This is calling to me. I love all of the flavors together and can't wait to try it. :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top