Search Angie's Recipes


Roasted Delicata Squash with Rosemary and Chicken Schmaltz


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This easy Roasted Delicata Squash recipe features squash tossed with chicken schmaltz (rendered chicken fat), fresh rosemary, salt and pepper, roasted to beautifully golden, then sprinkled with crumbled feta, pomegranate arils and some more fresh herbs. If you don't have chicken schmaltz, then use clarified butter or olive oil. It makes an easy side dish in the autumn and winter and its cute ring shape makes it a perfect holiday dish.
Delicata squash, aka peanut squash, Bohemian squash, or sweet potato squash, is naturally sweet and easy to cook. It is actually named for its delicate, edible skin, so no peeling needed here.

 
  • 1-2 Delicata squashes, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
  • 2-3 tbsp Chicken schmaltz (or clarified butter, olive oil)
  • 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
  • Sea salt
  • Freshly milled black pepper
  • 1/2 Pomegranate arils
  • 50 g Feta, crumbled
  • Fresh herbs ( I used flat parsley, mint and rosemary)
  1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash squash and pat dry.
  2. Using a sharp knife, cut the squash into 1/2 inch rounds. Scoop out all the seeds. Arrange sliced squash in a single layer on a large sheet pan, making sure they are not crowded. Toss with chicken schmaltz, salt, black pepper, and chopped rosemary.
  3. Roast for about 30 minutes or until squash is golden brown and tender. Place cooked squash on a serving dish or platter. Sprinkle with the pomegranate arils, crumbled feta and fresh herbs.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


39 comments:

eileeninmd 8/10/23 14:02

Looks delicious, another yummy recipe! Happy Sunday, have a wonderful week!

[Reply]
Tom 8/10/23 14:50

...yes, it's squash season.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 8/10/23 15:00

Suelo hacer calabaza asada con frecuencia, aunque más austera. Con esa cobertura de granada y feta que le has puesto debe saber de maravilla.

[Reply]
bread&salt 8/10/23 15:29

Looks very colorful and delicious. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Greetings.

[Reply]
Julie 8/10/23 15:55

The squash rings looks so tempting and beautifully prepared dear..super !!

[Reply]
Balvinder 8/10/23 16:44

Love delicata squash and your recipe sounds so delicious!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 8/10/23 16:53

I love roasted squash but have never had it with crumbled feta. I have some in the fridge so I should try this with some squash. It's look yummy!

[Reply]
Anonymous 8/10/23 17:22

I'm glad you mentioned the edible skin, because that was the question I had as I was reading about what you'd done here. Looks delicious! And I love the circles.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 8/10/23 17:28

Those almost look like holiday wreathes. Delicious and as always, very pretty! You have a great eye for presentation.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 8/10/23 18:47

wow how beautiful and festive for the holidays!

[Reply]
Christine 8/10/23 19:54

Delicious! I saved your beer bread recipe by the way, hope to try it.

[Reply]
Bill 8/10/23 19:55

Looks great and delicious.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 8/10/23 20:14

Looks very decorative, ideal for these cold Autumn evenings. Chicken schmaltz does sound creepy, though LOL

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 8/10/23 22:58

Qué rica está receta, Angie, te ha quedado deliciosa. Un beso

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 9/10/23 01:41

Fantastic!!...I love this idea....it sounds delicious!....I'm posting your recycle bread....I made a mistake, I read 200 grams of old bread in 200 grams of water.. The next day, I noticed my mistake. Thus, I adapted the formula....it end up to be a delicious bread!!....Thank you!!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 9/10/23 01:48

That is beautiful and I'm sure it is most delicious too!

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 9/10/23 03:30

Hmmm yummy! Matching for October dish Angie

[Reply]
Citu 9/10/23 04:02

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
roentare 9/10/23 06:15

This looks better than my lunch for sure!

[Reply]
Anne in the kitchen 9/10/23 06:39

I am so pleased with this recipe. I have about 3 cups of schmaltz in the freezer, which I tend to accumulate, clean, freeze then never use. This is perfect

[Reply]
Margaret D 9/10/23 08:17

Looks nice and different.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 9/10/23 12:31

Great addition to a fall menu.

[Reply]
Anonymous 9/10/23 13:16

Judee from Gluten Free A-Z Blog: I just love your presentation of this winter squash. I never actually made delicata squash because I wasn't sure how to cut it. Now that I know, I'll try it. Thanks Angie

[Reply]
Javier 9/10/23 13:59

I absolutely love each recipe that you share!

[Reply]
Anonymous 9/10/23 14:07

Yum, yum - I love squash

[Reply]
Carol 9/10/23 14:08

It looks so delicious!

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 9/10/23 14:36

So pretty, I just love the little wreath rings! What a gorgeous side for thanksgiving dinner.
Eva https://kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com/

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 9/10/23 14:40

This sounds wonderful Angie, I adore all kinds of squash~

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 9/10/23 16:18

This is so pretty! I grew delicata squash and the slices are in my freezer. I just might have to use your recipe at Thanksgiving!

[Reply]
speedy70 9/10/23 19:46

La mia adorata zucca, ottima così cucunata!!!

[Reply]
Daniela 9/10/23 21:01

Adoro la zucca e questo piatto è veramente favoloso. Si presenta molto bene :) Buona settimana.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 9/10/23 21:21

These slices are so cute and must be absolutely delicious!

[Reply]
Maria Grazia Ferrarazzo Maineri 9/10/23 21:25

Look so delicious, Angie! A precious recipe!

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 9/10/23 23:31

Nice and I do like to use crumbled feta.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Laura. M 11/10/23 16:50

Rico menú de otoño.
Un abrazo.

[Reply]
tigerfish 11/10/23 17:34

You just reminded me that we have not had any squash pumpkin of the season yet.

[Reply]
Raymund 11/10/23 22:32

Your Roasted Delicata Squash recipe is a delightful way to enjoy this sweet and tender squash variety. The combination of the roasted squash with chicken schmaltz, rosemary, and the toppings of feta, pomegranate arils, and fresh herbs sounds absolutely delicious. It's a perfect side dish for autumn and winter, and the presentation of the delicata squash rings makes it visually appealing for the holidays.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top