Search Angie's Recipes


Keto Tuna Casserole


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Whip up this budget-friendly treat using storecupboard ingredients, canned tuna and homemade garlic mayonnaise. Ready in under 30 minutes, gluten free and keto, this easy recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. In place of breadcrumbs, I used ground pork rind to give this casserole a crispy, crunchy topping. Use almond meal instead if you prefer.

 
Roasted Garlic MayonnaiseTuna Gratin
  • 15-20 Garlic cloves, peeled
  • 180 ml Mild olive oil
  • Flaky sea salt
  • 1 Medium egg
  • 3-4 Thyme sprigs
  • 1 tbsp Lemon juice
  • 2 x 160 g Canned tuna in water, drained
  • 80 g Roasted garlic mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 100 g Vintage Cheddar, grated
  • 1 Small red onion, finely diced
  • 1 Spring onion, chopped
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp Black pepper
  • 1/3 tsp Smoked paprika
  • 2 tbsp Ground pork rind
  • Cilantro or parsley chopped, for garnish
  1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Peel the garlic cloves, put them in a small ovenproof dish, drizzle with 100 ml olive oil, sprinkle with flaky sea salt, add the thyme and bake for about 20 minutes.
  2. Let cool first, then put everything in the container of your immersion blender, add the remaining olive oil, the egg, lemon juice. Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  3. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Mix together the drained tuna, garlic mayonnaise, Dijon, half of the Cheddar cheese, minced red onion, chopped spring onion, salt, pepper, and smoked paparika.
  4. Transfer the mixture to a small casserole dish. Sprinkle the ground pork rind and remaining shredded Cheddar cheese on top. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.

    © 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



    © 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



    © 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


36 comments:

Rose world 28/10/23 13:37

That sounds like a delicious casserole. Yum yum

[Reply]
Tom 28/10/23 13:40

...this is something that I would like.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 28/10/23 14:12

We will definitely try this one.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 28/10/23 14:22

Hello,
This does sound delicious and easy, I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 28/10/23 16:57

Me gustaría probar esta cazuela porque esa combinación de ingredientes me es desconocida, aunque no creo que me disguste. Se ve rica.

[Reply]
Bill 28/10/23 17:14

I love tuna and this looks good.

[Reply]
Jeff the Chef 28/10/23 18:51

This is really interesting. I've got a couple cans of tuna in the cupboard that I'd love to dedicate to making this. I'm also very interested in using an almond meal topping!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 28/10/23 19:18

Rio Mare has become so expensive here, more than offensively expensive, that jokes are circling that you need to take a loan from the bank to buy yourself a Rio Mare threepack LOL

[Reply]
MELODY JACOB 28/10/23 22:11

It looks so delicious

Feel free to take a look at my latest fashion post.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/the-modlily-dusty-blue-maxi-dress-for-special-occasions.html

[Reply]
roentare 28/10/23 22:52

That is my sort of dish to keep weight down

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 29/10/23 00:31

That looks fabulous and I'm sure it would drive the cat noses here crazy!

[Reply]
Norma2 29/10/23 00:39

Angie: a light preparation, as you say, ketogenic that is based on the reduction of carbohydrates and increases fats and proteins, substances that the body uses as a source of energy.

[Reply]
Citu 29/10/23 03:19

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 29/10/23 04:59

Looks good but I would used salmon, don't care for tuna out of a tin.

[Reply]
Królowa Karo 29/10/23 07:50

I'm not a big fan of the keto diet, but I would love to try a dish like this.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 29/10/23 10:13

Tuna is my favorite..... yummy

[Reply]
Frank | Memorie di Angelina 29/10/23 14:35

Sounds lovely. I adore tuna casserole! And I love how simple the prep is. Though I'd be sorely tempted to add noodles, if I'm honest... ;-)

[Reply]
Marianela Beauty Tips 29/10/23 15:54

It looks delicious.Thanks for sharing.
I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

[Reply]
Raymund 29/10/23 23:29

What a creative recipe! Roasted garlic mayonnaise and tuna gratin with a crispy pork rind topping - sounds like a flavorful and unique dish. I like that it's budget-friendly and quick to prepare. Can't wait to try this for a satisfying weeknight dinner!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 29/10/23 23:56

Tuna casserole always makes me think of my mother's, which is not a good thought. It was all cracker and hardly any tuna, but she liked it. Yours looks really delicious though. And not tons of cracker either. Happy new week Angie.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 30/10/23 01:16

I love it!....I can't wait to try it!!....I will wait until the cold days arrive!!.......Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 30/10/23 01:34

tuna with new style...i like tuna very much because of their nutricious. Great recipe Angie ^^

[Reply]
Grace 30/10/23 04:53

Muy interesante y original Angie! Creativo menú para sorprender en la mesa. Muchas gracias!
Muy buena semana Angie!!
Y buenos augurios en la celebración de vuestro pais!!

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 30/10/23 08:07

i love tuna! i'd have to leave out the pork rind but other than that ...

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 30/10/23 12:42

This looks delicious. Can you buy the ground pork rind from the supermarket? Really nice recipe Angie.

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 30/10/23 12:55

That looks great, I doubt I’d miss the carbs.
Éva https://kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com/

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 31/10/23 06:51

@Happy Retiree's Kitchen Hi Pauline, I just grind the pork rind into the food processor.

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 31/10/23 23:44

Yum, yum, yummy!
Great recipe.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Diane 1/11/23 22:17

This sounds delicious. I have a tuna tart recipe that we love so this will make a nice change.
I am having a lot of problems with your blog at the moment with all sorts of things popping up on my screen before I can get to see your blogs!!! It is irritating to say the least of it.
Thanks for you visits, cheers Diane

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 2/11/23 02:35

@Diane Can you tell me what kind of popups? I didn't do anything to activate them..

[Reply]
Diane 2/11/23 15:53

Hi Angie, I have just had another look and I see that yesterday I must have clicked somehow on other links that you have for FB, Pinterest, Twitter and Yummily. Leaving this comment the first time, Twitter also popped up in the comment and I did not knowingly click on anything, I then started again and this timer it is fine. Cheers Diane

[Reply]
Anonymous 2/11/23 23:05

Oh, wow… This would actually kill me with that much garlic! But I know I can make it with regular mayonnaise. Looks beautiful. (David from Cocoa & Lavender — I seem only to be able to comment anonymously now…)

[Reply]
tigerfish 7/11/23 03:10

Made tuna frittata recently using canned tuna ! Your tuna casserole looks right up my alley.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top