Search Angie's Recipes


Pumpkin Frittata with Bacon and Pecans


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This fuss-free frittata recipe features pumpkin, onion, and bacon lardons, making for a flavourful dish that is sure to satisfy. Frittatas are quite versatile, economical and make the perfect breakfast, lunch or easy dinner. Plus, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It's dairy, gluten-free and keto friendly.
If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, then pour the egg mixture into a baking dish, add the cooked pumpkin mixture with bacon, and then bake the frittata.

 
  • 500 g Pumpkin, cubed
  • 1 Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 4 tbsp Pecans, roughly chopped
  • 20 g Cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
  • 125 g Smoked bacon lardons, diced
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 6 Large eggs
  1. Peel the pumpkin if necessary, and onion. Cut onion into fine rings and pumpkin into cubes. Coarsely chop pecans and parsley or cilantro.
  2. Place smoked bacon in an oven safe skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 minutes. Add in onion, pumpkin, and pecans and saute for about 5 minutes. Mix in half of the cilantro or parsley, season.
  3. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Whisk the eggs, season, add to pumpkin mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for approx. 5-8 minutes until the egg begins to set.
  4. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans and cilantro or parsley.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


34 comments:

Rezky Pratama 22/10/23 14:29

its like pizza btw, i'm so hungry watching that hehe

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 22/10/23 15:01

This frittata looks incredible, I love the pumpkin in it.

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 22/10/23 16:02

This sounds wonderful Angie, I wish I had some for breakfast!

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 22/10/23 20:30

Oh my, that looks incredible Angie :) I wish I could make my food look as pretty as you do, but thanks to you I will keep on trying.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 22/10/23 22:23

Oh that sounds so darn good and it looks beautiful.

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 22/10/23 23:39

Looks such a tasty frittata, thanks for the recipe suggestion.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 23/10/23 02:40

What a great frittata!....I love frittata not only because their versatility, but because I love eggs!!!!!......Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Grace 23/10/23 03:01

Qué rico Angie's!!
Siempre tan lindas presentadas tus recetas!
Buena semana!!☘️🕊️

[Reply]
tigerfish 23/10/23 03:18

Frittata for me any time! Love this autumn/fall version of yours.

[Reply]
Cocoa and Lavender 23/10/23 12:30

I’ve never thought of a pumpkin frittata before, Angie. I love the combination, especially with the addition of the smoky bacon lardons. Yum!

[Reply]
Daniela 23/10/23 14:44

wow, che frittata appetitosa! Mi piace moltissimo :)

[Reply]
DEZMOND 23/10/23 20:35

Looks very delish and also very Autumn style!
I will often replace eggs in frittata with red lentil flour mixed with water and garlic.

[Reply]
Carol 23/10/23 20:55

The frittata looks scrumptious!

[Reply]
roentare 23/10/23 23:10

This is so good for my keto diet

[Reply]
Kathy G 24/10/23 02:29

What a great, easy to make recipe.

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 24/10/23 02:55

full of topping...i like pecans so much...it's full of nutricious

[Reply]
Citu 24/10/23 04:14

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 24/10/23 05:36

It does look like a pizza! 😋
Hugs and blessings, Angie

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 24/10/23 11:51

What a unique recipe with pumpkin sound terrific with the addition of pecans

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 24/10/23 12:44

Bacon and pecans. Now there’s a duo that has never appeared on my plate together. A healthy nut and an artery clogger side by side!

[Reply]
Pam 24/10/23 19:43

What a terrific idea! It looks hearty and delicious.

[Reply]
Valentina 24/10/23 22:06

This looks so hearty and delicious. Love the generous chunks of pumpkin -- and I always love pecans with orange squash. :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 25/10/23 01:36

Great use of pumpkin in a savoury recipe - loving all the flavours and textures going on. Well, I may need to swap cilantro for sage or something else for myself :)

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 25/10/23 02:48

Yum...yum. I love this idea for using squash or pumpkin. And it looks beautiful too.

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 25/10/23 08:39

Frittata/baked omelette etc is always a handy dish to have in your repertoire. This looks great Angie.

[Reply]
2pots2cook 25/10/23 09:44

My oh my! Would gobble it all!

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 26/10/23 14:43

This is just beautiful! I love the ingredients.

[Reply]
Marika 27/10/23 08:04

I got hungry looking at these photos!

[Reply]
Raymund 29/10/23 23:33

This pumpkin, onion, and bacon lardon frittata recipe sounds like a delicious and hearty dish! I appreciate that it's versatile, making it suitable for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I'll definitely give it a try, and I like the idea of storing leftovers for later

[Reply]
Granny Sue 30/10/23 03:49

Oh yummy! I have never heard of bacon lardons before, but I am sure I can substitute crisp bacon. And my son is bringing me fresh pecans from Texas tomorrow! Thanks, Angie!

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top