Search Angie's Recipes


Apricot Salad with Roquefort and Honey Thyme Vinaigrette


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This delightfuly and complex midsummer salad hits all the taste notes by using endive for the bitterness, tri-coloured lettuce for freshness, Roquefort, one of the most-prized French blue cheese for the saltiness, fersh apricots and honey for the sweetness and lemon for the tartness. Perfect to serve as a delicious meal or as a side dish. Roquefort, a world-famous blue cheese with pungent smell and a sharp tang, is traditionally made of sheep's milk. If you find this "King of Cheeses" is too strong for your taste, use other types of blue cheese or creamy tangy Lesbos Feta.

 
Honey Thyme VinaigretteSalad
  • 1 tbsp Dijon honey mustard
  • 3 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp Honey
  • 4 sprig Thyme, leaves removed from the stems
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
  • 1/4 tsp Sea salt
  • 100 g Salad leaves of your choice (I used endive, lollo rosso, lollo biondo und oak leaf lettuce)
  • 4-6 Apricots, pitted and quartered
  • 20 g Fresh herbs of your choice (basil, mint, chives, cilantro or parsley are all great)
  • 100 g Roquefort
  • 1/2 tsp Pink peppercorns
  1. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and stir until well combined. Set aside.
  2. Put your salad leaves and fresh herbs on a big platter. Drizzle 1/3 of the dressing over the salad and gently toss everything together.
  3. Use the tip of a knife to crumble off little nuggets of Roquefort and let them fall straight on to your salad. Top with the apricot quarters and sprinkle the pink peppercorns over for a pop of colour. If desired, scatter a handful of candied or plain walnuts over.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


25 comments:

Anne in the kitchen 13/8/23 21:02

That looks not only delicious, but cool for these searing temps we are having right now.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 13/8/23 21:29

I love salads with roquefort!!....what a fantastic combination of textures and flavors are in this salad!!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Tom 13/8/23 21:32

...wow, sweet and tangy!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 13/8/23 22:38

It looks very colourful.

[Reply]
roentare 13/8/23 23:47

The salad looks very yummy there.

[Reply]
Citu 14/8/23 04:18

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

[Reply]
Margaret D 14/8/23 08:31

That does look good. Never thought of making a salad with apricots.

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 14/8/23 09:53

I love how colorful and tantalizing it looks 😋
Happy Monday, Angie!

[Reply]
eileeninmd 14/8/23 11:25

Hello,
I do love salads, this recipe sounds delicious. Take care, have a great day!

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 14/8/23 11:52

I am a great fan of both apricots and blue cheese but I have never combined the two. Perhaps I am overdue for a new taste treat!

[Reply]
savorthebest 14/8/23 20:29

that looks really good Angie

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 14/8/23 21:22

The dressing must be perfect in this salad!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 15/8/23 00:36

Angie, this salad looks phenomenal! And the flavour? Spot on - really great pairings. I've made something similar with peaches, so I know this is 100% right up my alley!

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 15/8/23 14:21

This is right up my salad alley Angie! I love fruit and bleu cheese in salad, I will have to try apricots, it sounds delightful!

[Reply]
David 15/8/23 18:11

Angie, Sadly my dietary restrictions would leave me with the Roquefort cheese and the apricots...both of which I really do like. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Choclette 15/8/23 19:09

That honey thyme vinaigrette sounds amazing. I love the flavour of thyme. You've inspired me to try Roquefort again. When I tried it many years ago, I found it too strong, but my tastes have changed, plus I like sheep's milk cheese.

[Reply]
tigerfish 18/8/23 01:13

Apricots and all kinds of stone fruits must be in peak season now! I see you are making wonderful creations with them

[Reply]
Raymund 18/8/23 02:24

This midsummer salad is a true symphony of flavors! The blend of endive, tri-colored lettuce, Roquefort cheese, fresh apricots, honey, and lemon creates a taste experience that's both vibrant and complex.

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 18/8/23 13:15

What a great mix of flavors in this salad - yummy!

[Reply]
Pam 18/8/23 19:55

Such a beautiful and flavorful salad.

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 22/8/23 22:45

I'm sure this is delicious, many thanks for the recipe idea.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 23/8/23 12:02

That looks so delicious. I love roquefort cheese
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top