Search Angie's Recipes


Easy Berry Crumble


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This easy Berry Crumble is loaded with juicy berries and topped with a sweet nutty buttery topping. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, custard sauce, or just simply with a dust of confectioner's sugar.
If the berries are still tart, you might want to add a bit more sugar or maple syrup. Both fresh or frozen berries work for the recipe. No need to thaw the berries if using frozen.

 
CrumbleBerry Base
  • 125 g Plain flour
  • 40 g Rolled oats
  • 50 g Sugar
  • 15 g Vanilla sugar
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Fresh grated nutmeg
  • 80 g Butter, chilled and cubed
  • 40 g Almond sticks
  • 400 g Berries (I used a mixture of blackberries and blueberries)
  • 1 tbsp Lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp White sugar
  • 2 tbsp Cornstarch
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Put the plain flour, rolled oats, white sugar, vanilla sugar and spices in a mixing bowl. Rub the cubed butter into the flour mixture tuntil you have a combination of small and large breadcrumbs. Now stir in almond sticks.
  2. Place the berries in a 8-inch casserole dish. Add in lemon zest, white sugar and cornstarch. Give them a gentle mix.
  3. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the berries. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the berry filling is bubbling and the top is crisp and golden. Let cool for 20 minutes before you serve.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


29 comments:

Tom 11/8/23 20:16

...a fabulous summer treat!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 11/8/23 23:57

I love crumbles and yours looks very addictive...

[Reply]
roentare 12/8/23 00:11

Love the berry crumbles!

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 12/8/23 00:24

That looks so good, I'll have two servings please.

[Reply]
Balvinder 12/8/23 03:28

Lovely! I bought different berries from the market today and my plan is to make berry crisp for tonight's dessert.

[Reply]
Citu 12/8/23 04:14

Gracias por la receta. Se ve muy rico. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

[Reply]
savorthebest 12/8/23 07:24

This looks delicious Angie

[Reply]
DEZMOND 12/8/23 10:14

We do ever so love berries! I bought nectarines today, though, as I don't know how long they will be available this summer.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 12/8/23 12:22

I have not the slightest doubt that I would enjoy this, but given my druthers I’d prefer my berries just the way they come off the tree. Maybe a little Greek yogurt with them, but nothing else.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 12/8/23 12:39

we are huge berry fans and grow them here, this is on my list to try it looks perfect!

[Reply]
eileeninmd 12/8/23 12:54

Hello Angie,
The berry crumble looks yummy, a nice treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Take care, have a great weekend.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 12/8/23 12:54

sound tasty..... love berry

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 12/8/23 15:18

This looks delicious Angie, love berries.

[Reply]
speedy70 12/8/23 18:00

Adoro questo genere di dolci, molto invitante!!!

[Reply]
Bill 12/8/23 21:21

Looks tasty and delicious.

[Reply]
Grace 13/8/23 07:00

Se me hace tentador Angie!!

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 13/8/23 13:36

Crumbles are definitely a family favourite but I think we will wait for the cooler fall temperatures to make this tasty treat.

[Reply]
Jeff the Chef 13/8/23 14:40

I've got wild blackberries growing out in the yard. Not enough to make this, but I could supplement with some from the market. I of course think of nothing but crumble all during apple season, but I don't often think of it in summer. I should! You could make this in a toaster oven, easily, without heating up the whole kitchen.

[Reply]
Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake 13/8/23 14:42

Crumbles and crisps are my favorite summer desserts!! I need to try the combination of blueberries and blackberries, too....it looks scrumptious!!

[Reply]
Minimirabelle 13/8/23 14:51

Well, it seems pretty perfect to me ! I love all sorts of crumbles ! In Autumn my favorite is apple crumble but in Summer definitely red berries !

[Reply]
Anna 13/8/23 16:40

Looks really good !
Thanks for your visit !
Have a nice day !
Anna

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 13/8/23 17:01

I would eat this for breakfast!

[Reply]
Neil 13/8/23 19:49

Oh this topped with some vanilla ice cream would be fantastic!

[Reply]
David 15/8/23 18:09

Angie, I love a great berry or fruit crumble! Add quality ice cream for a real treat... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Raymund 18/8/23 02:25

Can't wait to give this a try!

[Reply]
valentina 22/8/23 06:04

How delicious. I'll be adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to my portion. :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 23/8/23 11:58

This looks so delicious. I have lots of berries in the garden, so I will definitely try this recipe.
Julia
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top