Bright red, remarkably juicy and flavourful strawberries are truly a delight to both the eyes and the taste buds. When selecting fresh strawberries, look for firm, glossy, red fruit with a fresh-looking green hull and no visible bruises. Do not wash strawberries until ready to use.
|Strawberry Mousse||Strawberry Coulis|
- Dissolve the gelatin in cold water and set aside for about 5 minutes until soft. Stir over a bowl of simmering water until the gelatin is dissolved. Mix the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and gelatin mixture in a food processor and puree. Transfer to a large bowl and chill until it just beings to thicken.
- Whip the cream until it drops from the whisk when it is lifted. Add in powdered sugar along the sides of the bowl, and continue to beat until the cream holds soft peaks. Remove the mousse from the fridge and fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture until smooth.
- Place a layer of chiffon cake on a serving plate and surround with the mousse ring. Pour one thirds of the mousse onto the cake, and scatter the cubed berries on top. Arrange the waffle wedges, round side down, along the side of the ring. Cover the diced strawberries with second thirds of mousse and gently top with anther layer of chiffon cake, being careful not to press down firmly. Pour the rest of the mousse mixture over. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Prepare the sauce. Stir together jelly and cachaca in a bowl. Gently mix in the halved strawberries and set aside at a cool are for 2 hours. Remove the mousse cake from the fridge. Spoon the sauce on the center top and arrange the halved strawberries between two waffles. If desired, sprinkle the lightly roasted almond slices (or coconut shreds) over the strawberry sauce and then the sugar pearls.
The reason I used balsamic vinegar for this recipes was because I had no Chinese rice vinegar left...and haha....the dish turned out very very good. A little balsamic vinegar goes a long and right way.
- Combine together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Wash chicken breast, pat dry and cut into inch size pieces. Season them with salt, half tablespoon of maggi sauce and one tablespoon of rice wine. At last add in cornstarch solution and combine.
- Heat up a pan with oil until hot. Fry the marinated chicken until golden. Remove and drain on a kitchen paper. Using one tablespoon of frying oil to stir-fry ginger, scallion and garlic until aromatic. Pour in balsamic vinegar and fried chicken, drizzle in the rest of rice wine and maggi sauce. Toss to mix all the ingredients and chicken has thoroughly coated with sauce. Dish off and sprinkle some chopped scallion if desired.
Soy milk is made by soaking soybeans, grinding them with water, The fluid which results after straining and cooked is called soy milk. Soybeans contain rich protein, vitamins A, B1, B2, and other mineral elements.
Research has shown potential health benefits of soy in preventing breast cancer and the growth of prostate tumors, and fighting coronary heart disease, osteoporosis,diabetes, promoting growth, healing and vitality. It is also thought to alleviate symptoms of menopause and to promote eye health.
|Soya Milk Prepared With Soya-milk Maker / 机制鲜豆浆|
|Homemade Soymilk With Standard Kitchen Blender/ 家庭自制豆浆（用普通厨房搅拌器）|
|Homemade Tofu Without Nigari Gypsum / 不添加盐卤和石膏的家庭制豆腐|
|Preparing Tofu With Gypsum / 制作石膏南豆腐|
After making tofu or soya milk, the solid residue which remain in the filter sack called okaraangiesrecipes (pronounced oh-KAR-uh) or soy pulp.