Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 35 Recipes to make the most of Asparagus Season



Broccolini with Blueberries and White Bean Purée


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


The mix of panfried broccolini, herbs, sprouts, and blueberries on a creamy white bean purée looks inviting and moreish. Broccolini, aka aspabroc, or baby broccoli, is a cross-breed of broccoli and Chinese kale or gailan. They have smaller florets, longer, firmer, thin stalks and much tender than broccoli and has a milder flavour, but more expensive.

 
  • 300 g Broccolini
  • 1 Garlic clove, peeled and sliced
  • 2 tin x 420 g White beans
  • 6 tbsp Olive oil
  • 2 Thyme sprigs
  • 120 ml vegetable stock
  • 4 tbsp Lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Dijon medium-hot mustard
  • 1 tsp Maple syrup
  • 2 tsp Black seeds
  • Sea salt and black pepper
  • Herb mix (parsley, dill and mint)
  • Sprouts
  • 125 g Blueberries
  1. Clean the broccoli. Cut the thick stalks in half lengthways. Peel the garlic. Drain the beans in a sieve, rinse with cold water and drain well.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the garlic briefly. Add the beans, thyme and stock, bring to the boil briefly, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. For the vinaigrette, whisk 3 tbsp lemon juice with mustard, maple syrup and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
  4. Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Fry the broccolini for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat. Shortly before the end of the cooking time, mix in the black seeds and fry briefly. Season with salt.
  5. Remove the thyme from the beans. Finely puree the beans with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Spread the bean purée in the centre of a serving plate. Arrange the broccolini, herbs, sprouts and blueberries on top. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




27 comments:

Rose world 8/6/24 12:43

I never seen or tasted broccolini before. But I bet I would love it. I love kale and broccoli so I am sure I would like it. Your panfried dish looked healthy and delicious.

[Reply]
Tom 8/6/24 12:49

...Angie, you create some lovely combinations. Works of art.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 8/6/24 13:09

I do ever so love me mashed beans! I recently stocked on about a dozen of brown, white and red bean cans while they were on a discount so I am safe for some time. I usually mixed them with some steamed veggies for a lunch salad.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 8/6/24 13:18

Looks delicious and healthy! Thanks for sharing.
Have a happy weekend.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 8/6/24 13:51

I have never even heard of broccolini!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 8/6/24 14:03

This dish looks beautiful and sounds perfect for summer fare. Happy weekend Angie.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 8/6/24 14:48

Aquí le llamamos bimi y es una verdura que me gusta mucho. Tu receta es muy original para mi y también muy completa como plato único. La comería con ganas.

[Reply]
Nova Rio Redondo 8/6/24 15:07

halo Angie. Aku dari Indonesia, sepertinya aku tersesat terlalu jauh. salam hangat saja

[Reply]
Anonymous 8/6/24 15:08

I have to say that you come up with the most creative ways of cooking with fruits and vegetables. Karen (Back Road Journal)

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 8/6/24 15:28

That looks great! I really enjoy that tender Broccolini.

[Reply]
Norma2 8/6/24 17:05

Angie, I haven't seen this variety of broccoli around here. Your recipe, by incorporating blueberries, makes it very original. I like broccoli with pancetta and fried garlic. I will try your recipe when I get the broccoli you present to us.

[Reply]
Bill 8/6/24 18:03

Sounds great to me and looks delicious.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 8/6/24 23:47

This very green dish looks so appealing!

[Reply]
ALLIE NYC 8/6/24 23:59

Oh WOW this sounds so good, what an interesting mix of tastes plus it is super colorful and fun for summer. Thanks for sharing!!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

[Reply]
Citu 9/6/24 03:34

Gracias por la receta. te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 9/6/24 04:28

I love buying broccolini, and this is the perfect way to eat it and dress it up. Angie, I am presuming the black seeds are sesame seeds? I avoid those but otherwise this recipe looks perfect and so attractive on the plate.

[Reply]
babYpose 9/6/24 06:15

Love broccoli but first time heard of broccolini, looks delicious, healthy meal, love it.

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 9/6/24 07:14

@Happy Retiree's Kitchen Pauline, black seeds ain't sesame seeds, they are nigella seeds. They have been proven to reduce inflammation and relax smooth muscles, easing the symptoms of people with asthma in clinical studies. (from WebMD)

[Reply]
Marcelle 9/6/24 16:47

I have seen broccolini, but I have not tried it yet! I think this lovely summer dish is the perfect way to give it a go :) Beautiful food, Angie!

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 10/6/24 00:01

Wow!!! This is an incredible combination. And those photos are beautiful!

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 10/6/24 13:43

This looks so delicious as well as healthy, and I love the combination of colours.
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
Anonymous 12/6/24 02:50

It's Judee: Gluten Free A-Z Blog: This is such an interesting vegetable dish. I love the combination of colors.

[Reply]
teczcape 14/6/24 04:15

Even broccolini ends up plated like a beautiful piece of art , oh should I say edible art?

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top