Search Angie's Recipes


Tuna Niçoise Pâté


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Rich, salty and tangy from freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest, this simple tuna pâté pairs well with hot toast or crackers. Use the highest-quality canned tuna you can find. Enjoy it as a snack, lunch, or as an easy, delicious entertaining appetizer for friends and family.

 
  • 2 x 180 g Canned tuna in olive oil, drained (I used Saupiquet)
  • 120 g Unsalted Kerrygold butter, at room temperature
  • 100 g Crème fraîche
  • 1 Organic lemon, zested, plus 2 tbsp of juice
  • 1/3 tsp Cayenne powder (or a few drops of Tabasco)
  • Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
  • 2 tbsp Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
  • Crackers or hot toast (I used Wasa Roasted Garlic & Sea Salt Crisps)
  • 2 Hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges or chopped
  • 3 tbsp Pitted black olives
  • 3 tbsp Capers, rinsed
  1. Put the drained tuna, softened utter, crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
  2. Taste and season with cayenne (or Tabasco), sea salt and pepper, then stir through the chopped parsley. Transfer to two small bowls or a clingfilm-lined mini loaf pan or to a glass jar. Cover and chill until firm for at least 8 hours or overnight.
  3. Bring the pâté out of the fridge 10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or hot toast and the boiled eggs, olives and capers piled into separate bowls for sprinkling on top.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


33 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, 4/3/24 13:31

I have four different kinds of crackers in the house - bring the pâté. I have wine too.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 4/3/24 13:53

I like tuna, sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

[Reply]
Tom 4/3/24 13:54

...a wonderful tuna upgrade.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 4/3/24 13:59

Those crackers look lovely. I usually buy corn crackers with flax seeds, millet and quinoa.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 4/3/24 14:05

I love that you added zest I always use lemon in my tuna but never the zest a must try!!!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 4/3/24 14:18

En casa nos encanta dipear y la verdad es que no tengo muchas recetas de paté, siempre hago los mismos. Me gusta mucho tu preparación y está muy bien presentada con las galletas y el huevo.

[Reply]
speedy70 4/3/24 15:41

Perfetto per un aperitivo sfizioso!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 4/3/24 17:20

I love tuna and I love this pate!!....great for appetizer!!...........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
JoAnna 4/3/24 17:50

With you, everything looks so good that I immediately want to eat. :)

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 4/3/24 18:16

My daughter would love this recipe - sharing it with her!
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
Grace 4/3/24 19:45

Fácil y rico.
Gracias Angie por tus generosas ideas culinarias.
Muy buena semana te acompañe!!
Un abrazo!!☀️

[Reply]
roentare 4/3/24 22:09

Your food photography skill is surreal

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 4/3/24 22:10

I often make different dips with tuna, but you've elevated canned tuna to a totally new and elegant level. I never would have thought of tuna pate - absolutely wonderful!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 4/3/24 23:49

This tuna paté looks great. Your recipe is perfect.

[Reply]
Citu 5/3/24 00:23

Gracias por la receta.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 5/3/24 00:29

That one looks perfect and I'd love to try it!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 5/3/24 02:05

I think this would taste great on a bagel also. I have tuna cravings, and this post has made me want some now. Maybe this will be tomorrow's food experiment. Happy new week Angie. hugs-Erika

[Reply]
savorthebest 5/3/24 02:06

I love tuna and this is such a great way to serve it.

[Reply]
Anonymous 5/3/24 05:46

Oh . . . my goodness, that looks so delicious, not only that, but I've been wanting something to snack on.

[Reply]
Margaret D 5/3/24 06:20

It does look wonderful but I'm not into tuna.

[Reply]
Javier 5/3/24 11:42

I absolutely love tuna and I absolutely love pate to, so i think that today your recipe is perfect for me

[Reply]
Jeff the Chef 5/3/24 16:30

Wow! I'm about to make some creme fraische for a recipe I'm trying out, and I know there'll be some leftover. I'm making this with it!

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 5/3/24 23:47

The tuna pâté looks so good.
Many thanks for sharing the recipe.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 6/3/24 12:52

Tuna and Salmon are my favorites.... yummy.
Thank you for sharing recipe

[Reply]
Pam 6/3/24 20:17

I have a feeling my family would love this!

[Reply]
2pots2cook 7/3/24 09:37

Perfect tasty and budget friendly appetizer indeed! Must do!

[Reply]
Raymund | angsarap.net 8/3/24 01:01

This tuna pâté recipe sounds like a burst of flavor! Yum

[Reply]
tigerfish 9/3/24 00:00

So smooth! I usually just mix tuna, yogurt, seasoning/herbs "manually" and tends to be chunky for sandwiches and dips

[Reply]
Marcelle 24/4/24 16:51

Angie, this looks amazing!! I'm going to try this pate this weekend. So perfect for spring and summer.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top