Search Angie's Recipes


Roasted Salmon with Capers and Dill


© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This healthy baked salmon is the easy and tasty way to feed a crowd. It's more hands-off than cooking salmon on the stovetop--everything is oven-baked in foil, making prep and cleanup a breeze and it delivers a perfect medium-cooked fillet that’s tender and flaky. Salmon is terrific with just a sprinkle of fresh herbs (thyme,tarragon, parsley or dill) and a wedge of lemon squeezed over top as you serve it with any of your favorite veggies or salad.
I added a bed of lemon slices to infuse the fish with a citrusy freshness. If you prefer a crispy skin, then try this Garam Masala Pan Seared Salmon recipe!

 
  • 1/ 750-800 g Whole salmon fillet, skin on
  • 1 Organic lemon, sliced
  • 3 tbsp Olive oil
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
  • 1 jar / 35 g Capers
  • 1 tsp Pink peppercorns, for ganish, optional
  1. Preheat oven to 220C/425F. Place your oven rack at the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange lemon slices in the baking sheet and place the salmon, with the skin side down, on top of the lemon.
  2. Brush salmon with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill. Drain capers and place them on top of the salmon. Loosely cover with a second piece of foil and place in the oven.
  3. Bake salmon for 15 minutes. Remove the top layer of foil from the salmon and continue baking for 3-5 minutes. When the fish starts to flake easily with a fork and the flesh looks opaque, it’s ready. Garnish with more dill and pink peppercorns if desired.

© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


29 comments:

DEZMOND 22/12/22 23:07

I like to use dried dill in all my dishes with zucchini and pumpkins and also sprinkled over potatoes before oven roasting them.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 22/12/22 23:29

A great idea to cook salmon. I know I would love this dish!

[Reply]
Raymund 23/12/22 00:32

Wow this is very creative, such a nice way to present salmon this holiday season

[Reply]
roentare 23/12/22 00:38

Colourful and fresh-looking salmon is just a sheer joy to see on a busy day at work

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 23/12/22 00:43

Oh, I love salmon, that looks terrific, let's eat!

[Reply]
Tom 23/12/22 01:52

...the salmon looks like a taste Christmas tree.

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 23/12/22 02:53

Gracias por la receta, se ve muy rico. Te deseo una feliz navidad para ti y tu familia. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Rose world 23/12/22 04:58

I prefer baked salmon. Can taste the freshness and goodness of it.

Merry Christmas to you.

[Reply]
Eha 23/12/22 06:15

It looks just beautiful and I shall certainly try this as written but am wondering about the amount of capers used with their rather pronounced flavour . . . I prepare rather a lot of Sardinian/Sicilian/boot of Italy dishes and have had to adjust amounts . . .

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 23/12/22 08:51

Looks beautiful but we are not a fan of salmon. In fact is not a big fan of any types of fish.

[Reply]
Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews 23/12/22 13:02

I always prepare and cook my salmon fillets this way, as you say, anything for the simple life and as little cleaning and washing up as possible! The added bonus is that the fish tastes delicious and moist too :)

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 23/12/22 13:39

good food... let's eat it for Christmas...

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 23/12/22 16:26

very elegant looks like it will taste spectacular love salmon

[Reply]
Anonymous 23/12/22 16:31

Merry Christmas Angie! Thanks for this recipe. I prepare my shrimp this way but for some reason never thought of doing a side of salmon this way. Great idea, Bernadette

[Reply]
Bill 23/12/22 16:52

We always have salmon as part of our Christmas meal. This looks delicious. Merry Christmas, Angie.

[Reply]
Anonymous 23/12/22 18:31

Its Judee from Gluten Free A-Z Blog. I have a thing for capers- I absolutely love them on everything. I can only imagine how good they taste on that fish I'm saving the recipe for when I make salmon for guest. BTW my blog is off the feeds again... don't know why!

[Reply]
Marcepanowy Kącik 23/12/22 20:31

Zapisuję sobie przepis, jest piękny.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 23/12/22 21:14

My favorite fish is salmon and this is so pretty and festive for the holidays. Thank you Angie :)

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 24/12/22 18:48

What a fabulous and I bet tasty salmon! And the addition of dill and peppercorns makes this dish also festive!

[Reply]
David 24/12/22 23:13

Angie, We really love salmon and your salmon looks great with perfect seasoning! Merry Christmas and have a Happy and Healthy New Year. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 25/12/22 23:29

I eat salmon a lot, and I love capers. I’ve never used that many capers, and I can’t wait to try!

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 27/12/22 01:54

oh...i like that shape...very large but beautiful with their topping. ^^

[Reply]
Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina 27/12/22 04:24

I wish I would have had your recipe on Christmas Eve when I served smoked salmon. It could not compete in both flavor and appearance to yours, Angie and I love the tree design!

[Reply]
Anna 29/12/22 08:03

These food looks so delicious! I have always preferred dark meat to white in chicken and turkey so for this recipe I use chicken thighs. Bone in and with the skin. It takes two days, but the amount of work each day is very light.

[Reply]
Valentina 30/12/22 00:29

What a beautiful centerpiece for the table. So pretty! I always love capers with salmon, and I especially love the generous amount used here. Some in every bite! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 30/12/22 23:22

I do enjoy salmon, this looks delicious.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
tigerfish 4/1/23 16:56

What's better than a real Christmas tree? An edible one. ;p

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top