Search Angie's Recipes


Spekuloos Cookie Butter


© 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


© 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Cookie butter is typically made from powdered spekuloos (spiced holiday cookies), butter (or oil, but nothing tastes as good as butter), condensed milk and/or sugar until it’s spreadable like nut butter. But to make it even richer, I am using dulce de leche instead of condensed milk and sugar. (Place a tin of sweetened condensed milk in your Instant Pot covered with water and pressure cooked for 15 minutes. That's it. ) To speed the things up, I am using the store-bought butter spekuloos for the recipe, but you can bake your own spice cookies.
Enjoy the cookie butter spread on toast, pancakes or waffles, or to bake a Cookie Butter Raisin Loaf and of course, it also tastes great enjoyed straight from the jar on a spoon!

  • 200 g Butter spekuloos cookies, store bought or homemade
  • 50 g Butter
  • 200 g Dulce de leche
  • 50 ml Whipping cream
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
  • 1/4 tsp Cloves
  1. Place the speculoos cookies in a plastic zip-top bag. Remove the air and seal the bag. Lightly crush the cookies into coarse granules using a rolling pin. Transfer the crushed cookies in a food processor, then pulse to a fine powder.
  2. In a small saucepan, add in butter, dulce de leche, and cream and cook over low heat until well combined.
  3. Add butter mixture to the cookie powder with cinnamon and cloves. Mix until everything is combined and smooth. You can crush a couple of cookies and mix into the cookie butter for extra crunchiness.
  4. Transfer the cookie butter to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cookie butter should be good for up to 2 weeks.

http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


43 comments:

Iwona 14/12/20 05:53

Great idea :) Looks so yummy :)

[Reply]
speedy70 14/12/20 08:32

Una crema golosissima, la copio subito, grazie!!!!

[Reply]
Natalia 14/12/20 10:33

Wooow, what a treat! Yummy!

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 14/12/20 13:40

Wow!!! What an amazing combination of ingredients! I’d love to make this and give as gifts. I can’t keep it around my house, most likely....

[Reply]
Tania|My Kitchen Stories 14/12/20 14:12

Angie. This is the ultimate treat. Dulce de lecce wooo ee amazing

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 14/12/20 14:53

I never tried it before....it looks so yummy and it is a perfect Christmas gift!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Vicki Bensinger 14/12/20 15:11

Angie I’ve never heard of speculoos butter but have to say it sounds addicting. Thanks for sharing this.

[Reply]
Balvinder 14/12/20 16:18

Oh my goodness Angie,I am drooling over here. I have never seen or heard about this butter before. Would be so yummy to eat just by spoonful.

[Reply]
Tom 14/12/20 16:44

...I've seen the cookies, bt never the butter. What's cooking next?

[Reply]
Kitchen Riffs 14/12/20 16:46

Mmmm, cookie butter! Good stuff. On toast for me, please. :-)

[Reply]
Anonymous 14/12/20 18:20

This cookie butter looks dangerous to have around! I think I'd be eating it straight from the jar with a spoon, lol!

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 14/12/20 19:37

I guess licking my screen didn't help! wow I must make this ASAP!

[Reply]
Królowa Karo 14/12/20 21:12

I am very interested in what it tastes like :)

[Reply]
mjskit 14/12/20 23:43

Speku what cookies? That's a new one on me. Have never ever heard of making a cookie butter but you've sold me with this recipe. LOVE the use of the dulce de leche. I've made that before from condensed milk and my husband and I sat and ate the whole can. It was so good. I can only imagine what this "butter" tastes like but what a great new thing to make over the holidays.

[Reply]
Heidi | The Frugal Girls 15/12/20 00:24

Your cookie butter is absolutely divine... and I love that it only takes about 10 minutes to make!

[Reply]
ann low 15/12/20 03:08

WOW... hope I can get a taste of this cookie butter. Looks so delicious!

[Reply]
Sakuranko 15/12/20 04:58

Oh so delicious recipe
xx

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 15/12/20 14:06

What a fantastic idea, the spread looks and sounds absolutely delicious. I haven’t made dulce de leche in years, too dangerous to have at home.
Eva http://kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com/

[Reply]
Julie 15/12/20 16:47

wow !! the cookie spread looks fabulous.. love to spread on a slice of bread and have too!!

[Reply]
Pam 15/12/20 18:36

Oh, I've never tried speculoos butter, sounds delicious and I want to try it. Sounds great to me! Thanks, Angie!

[Reply]
Raymund 16/12/20 03:53

Honestly I want to spread that everywhere :)

[Reply]
My Blog Posts 17/12/20 07:48

Angie, I just love this recipe but am wondering if I can omit the cream so that it may last a little longer?

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 17/12/20 09:32

@My Blog Posts That would work, I think. But it would be really thick and difficult to spread. Maybe you could use runny dulce de leche or just sweetened condensed milk, so you would have the cookie butter with a spreadable consistency.

[Reply]
Suja Manoj 17/12/20 21:19

Perfect for the holidays, great idea, love it.

[Reply]
Evi @ greenevi 18/12/20 13:24

This is amazing, I'm addicted to spekulatius-creme! I will definitely try this recipe, always wanted to make this myself 😍

[Reply]
Anca 18/12/20 13:40

I had no idea there is such a thing and it's obvious that I missed out. I need to try thing, that's for sure, as it looks delicious.

[Reply]
gluten Free A_Z Blog 18/12/20 18:19

Angie,
thanks for a very informative post. The cookie butter looks delicious and such a wonderful idea for the holidays!

[Reply]
SavoringTime in the Kitchen 19/12/20 16:59

Windmill cookies are some of my favorites and need to get to Aldi's before they sell out of the real German ones with almonds. What a great idea to make a spread with them!!

[Reply]
Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies 19/12/20 17:10

This sounds so good! A yummy holiday treat!

[Reply]
Never Ending Journeys 20/12/20 23:56

Mmmm, what a delicious treat! I love cookie butter so much - what a versatile spread to have on hand!

[Reply]
tigerfish 22/12/20 03:09

YESSsss, cinnamon and cloves for that holiday magic :D

[Reply]
BerkandBite 28/12/20 17:20

Oh my! This looks incredible! I am obsessed with biscoff but love the idea of trying to make some of this myself.

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/12/20 14:45

Oh my! If I made that I'd be in danger of eating the whole jar with a spoon before ever it got used for anything else.

Choclette x

[Reply]
DEZMOND 1/1/21 13:19

I do ever so love me that cinnamon taste. I have a layered cake that I make with icing made from ground speculaas cookies, milk, sugar and butter, it is always a massive hit.

[Reply]
Noob Cook 15/1/21 04:08

creamy & rich, what a great indulgence.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top