Search Angie's Recipes


Nut Free Pumpkin Fruitcake


© 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Studded generously with dried mixed fruits, this nut-free, deliciously dense and rich pumpkin fruitcake is easily made well in advance, which saves you valuable time when entertaining, and perfect with your morning or afternoon cuppa too. For extra depth and flavour, soak dried fruits in the alcohol of your choice (Port, rum, brandy or whisky-based liqueur) a week prior to making the cake. If you don't want to bake this in a cake pan, try to divide the batter in 6 jumbo muffin cups and bake for 40-50 minutes. Test for doneness by placing a wooden skewer in center of muffin. If it comes out clean, it is done. Be careful not to over bake. The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week and much longer if you use alcohol.

  • 250 g White spelt flour
  • 12 g Baking powder
  • 1/3 tsp Salt
  • 250g Butter, softened
  • 200 g Coconut sugar
  • 2 Large eggs, room-temperature
  • 1 tsp Vanilla paste
  • 220 g Hokkaido pumpkin puree (butternut squash would work great too)
  • 500 g Dried mixed fruit (I used a mix of ginger, apricot and cranberry)
  • 60 ml 3.5% Milk, room-temperature
  1. Grease a 22cm heart shaped or round spring-form pan thoroughly. Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
  2. Whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder and salt together.
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and coconut sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined.
  4. Add in vanilla paste, pumpkin puree and mixed fruits and stir until combined. Alternately fold in spelt flour mixture and milk until combined. The batter is rather thick.
  5. Spoon the batter into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 1½ hours or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
  6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.

http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


34 comments:

Julie 18/12/20 11:27

the color of pumpkin makes this cake stand out..looks delicious!!

[Reply]
Anca 18/12/20 13:41

It sounds really nice. I usually love nuts in fruitcakes, but I would be more than happy to try one without nuts too.

[Reply]
Tom 18/12/20 14:13

...but the nuts can be the best part!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 18/12/20 16:30

I love it!....I never thought to combine pumpkin with dry fruits in a cake....fantastic!!......Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Ashley@CookNourishBliss 18/12/20 16:51

Oooo I love that you combined pumpkin with this classic treat! Sounds delicious!

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 18/12/20 17:00

that crust color is so delicious looking I just want to dive in and take a slice .. wonderful golden perfection right there!

[Reply]
gluten Free A_Z Blog 18/12/20 18:21

If this fruitcake did not look amazing enough, I absolutely was astonished with the part about soaking in alcohol.- rum would be my choice. This sounds decadent and I love the heart shape.

[Reply]
Balvinder 18/12/20 21:07

This is beautiful. I have yet to make a dried fruit cake with pumpkin puree.

[Reply]
Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake 19/12/20 00:34

MY kind of fruit cake! With ginger, cranberries and apricots, I'd have to hide it from myself, LOL. Plus the heart springform pan is so fun!

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 19/12/20 07:47

Beautiful and delicious looking fruit cake. For me, I would love lots of nuts and fruits.

[Reply]
Natalia 19/12/20 09:58

Such a cute heart shape, looks so moist and yummy!

[Reply]
2pots2cook 19/12/20 11:14

Absolutely pinned the beauty !

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 19/12/20 13:42

This sounds wonderful. I love anything baked with pumpkin - it adds so much moistness! I’m making pumpkin rolls on Christmas Day. I haven’t made them since I used to cater. And they’re pretty, too! Love the combination of fruits you used in this. Merry Christmas!

[Reply]
Kitchen Riffs 19/12/20 16:16

What a fun fruitcake! Great idea using pumpkin. I have some candied ginger that might find a home in this, too. :-) Neat recipe -- thanks.

[Reply]
SavoringTime in the Kitchen 19/12/20 17:04

Oh, that looks delicious, Angie! I love that it can be made in advance too!

[Reply]
Marianela Beauty Tips 20/12/20 11:55

It looks delicious. I'll note that recipe. Thanks for sharing.
I hope you'll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

[Reply]
claire 20/12/20 20:56

I would love to try a piece! I adore fruitcake and yours is a modern version... Have to bake one day :-)

[Reply]
Karen (Back Road Journal) 20/12/20 22:25

I love the idea of pumpkin in a fruit cake. I would only make one change and that is to add some pecans to the mix but that is just me. 😊

[Reply]
Josiah - DIY Thrill 20/12/20 23:34

This pumpkin fruitcake is such a great holiday dessert!

[Reply]
Gloria Baker 21/12/20 01:46

Angie what lovely pumpkin fruit cake !! looks delicious, lover your mold! xo

[Reply]
speedy70 21/12/20 08:37

Adoro la zucca nei dolci, che meraviglia!!!!

[Reply]
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary 21/12/20 16:48

I love fruitcake, but I'm sitting here wondering how I have never had a pumpkin fruitcake! This is genius and it looks absolutely fantastic!!! I would totally eat this for breakfast and dessert!! YUM!

[Reply]
Jeff the Chef 21/12/20 17:30

I love that you made this cake with pumpkin. Fruitcake needs a comeback, I think!

[Reply]
Raymund 21/12/20 23:26

Ohhh thats a good idea, using pumpkins on fruitcake! It will definitely make it more interesting and definitely moist

[Reply]
Valentina 22/12/20 00:44

I'm loving those generous chunks of dried fruit in each bite. I can't believe it, but I've never worked with vanilla paste. I just bought some last week and have wondering how to use it. Now I know. :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
tigerfish 22/12/20 03:16

How I wish to wake up to this fruitcake breakfast on Christmas day!

[Reply]
Suja Manoj 22/12/20 15:21

Festive fruit cake, the texture looks beautiful.Perfect holiday dessert.

[Reply]
Tisa Jacob 24/12/20 17:59

Beautiful. Making my fruitcake today, and this is inspiration. I love that you added pumpkin puree for moistness.

[Reply]
Tanza Erlambang 28/12/20 00:19

lovely cake...love nuts.

Happy healthy holiday

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/12/20 14:48

Fruity pumpkin cake sounds like a splendid idea. I love the colour that pumpkin puree gives cakes. I finally managed to get hold of a couple of tins, so I won't have to make my own next time I want to bake with some.

Choclette x

[Reply]
garganelli pasta 30/12/20 07:45

I made this right after Christmas and it was absolutely delicious, thanks for posting this.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top