Search Angie's Recipes


Tandoori Cod


© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Tandoori Cod is a delicious fish recipe that involves marinating the fish fillet in a bright and smoky tandoori masala marinade and then pan frying it to perfection. Use any kind of white fish you like or even a whole fish, like pomfret, sea bream or trout if you don't mind that your meal staring back at you and the bones of course. Serve the dish with rice or Indian flatbreads for a great weeknight dinner. Kashmiri chilli powder and tandoori masala both can be found in Indian food shops. Smoky paprika and garam masala are great substitutes though.

 
Tandoori Marinade
  • 1 Garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 tsp Ginger, minced
  • 1 tsp Turmeric powder
  • 2 tbsp Ground coriander
  • 1 tsp Tandoori masala
  • 1 tsp Black pepper
  • 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder (or smoky paprika)
  • 3 tbsp Water
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 3/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Red chilli powder (or to your taste)
  • 600 g Cod fillets
  • 2 tbsp Coconut oil
  • Lime or lemon wedges
  • Red chilli pepper, cut into rings
  • Cilantro
  1. In a large bowl, stir together the minced garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander powder, tandoori masala, black pepper, Kashmiri chilli powder, water, olive oil, salt, and red chilli powder to your liking.
  2. Pat dry the fish fillets and add to the bowl with the marinade. Coat the fish evenly with the marinade. Set aside for 15 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to overnight. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
  3. Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once melted and hot, add the fish fillets, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on one side, depending on the thickness of fish. Then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
  4. Serve immediately garnished with lemon wedges, red chilli pepper and cilantro.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


34 comments:

roentare 9/3/23 23:19

Such a clever idea to use tandoori on cod. I normally eat cod cooked in miso.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 10/3/23 00:10

Oh my goodness, this looks fabulous Angie. I have cod on my shopping list. I'll check my supplies to see if I need to get any of those ingredients. Thank you!

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 10/3/23 01:15

I always get so hungry when I see what you're dishing up, yum!

[Reply]
kathyinozarks 10/3/23 01:15

Looks and sounds delicious

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 10/3/23 01:30

Se ve muy rico. Hare la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 10/3/23 02:40

I've had tandoori chicken, but not tandoori cod. I bet it tastes as yummy as it looks Angie. Thanks for sharing, hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 10/3/23 03:41

beautiful plating Angie...i like how you chop every tandoori slice beside the garnish....Like it very much...Good job Dear ^^

[Reply]
Tom 10/3/23 04:07

...a yummy Lent dish!

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 10/3/23 04:09

Oooo! I love tandoori fish but have never tried it with cod.

Happy Friday, Angie.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 10/3/23 07:33

Es tiempo de bacalao, en casa lo preparo mucho también, aunque me temo que con menos especias, lo que no quita mérito al tuyo que es muy rico.
Un beso.

[Reply]
Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews 10/3/23 09:43

Only on the very rare occasions that we have shop bought fish and chips, do we eat cod, so I was surprised to see such delicious looking cod steaks in your recipe.

I generally cook with salmon fillets and whilst we both love tandoori with meat, I have never thought about serving tandoori fish. I'm not too sure what my husbands reaction might be, but I might well try it out on him sometime. I'm sure that if it turns out nicely browned and slightly crunchy like yours looks, he wouldn't question too much :)

[Reply]
Rose world 10/3/23 10:41

Tasted tandoori chicken before, not fish. But your cod sure looked good.

[Reply]
Anonymous 10/3/23 13:33

Hi Angie, this is a new way to prepare Cod. It looks delicious. The spices have me intrigued. Bernadette, New Classic Recipe

[Reply]
DEZMOND 10/3/23 14:01

I don't like nor eat Indian spices, so no ginger, turmeric for me, but I do ever so love me black and dark plates, food looks so elegant on them.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 10/3/23 14:17

Sounds delicious, I love fish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Have a great weekend.

[Reply]
COCINA Y REPOSTERÍA DE ANTAÑO 10/3/23 15:42

Muy buena receta para cocinar el bacalao. La marinada te ha quedado muy rica. Gracias por compartir.

[Reply]
Tisa Jacob 10/3/23 16:05

Beautiful looking cod, Angie. It would be perfect with a plate of rice!

[Reply]
David 10/3/23 17:26

Angie, I really like cod...usually fried...but sometimes baked. It's firm and mild. I'm sure that I'd love this tandoori version! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
lisaiscooking 10/3/23 18:04

I love cod, and it sounds so good with Indian spices. What a great idea!

[Reply]
ashok 10/3/23 18:07

I can feel the taste 😌

[Reply]
Jean | DelightfulRepast.com 10/3/23 18:55

Angie, this is the most unusual (and beautiful!) cod recipe I've ever seen. Must try it soon.

[Reply]
Bill 10/3/23 19:49

Looks and sounds delicious.

[Reply]
Muriel 10/3/23 23:03

Cette assiette épicée à souhait a tout pour me plaire ! Belle fin de soirée

[Reply]
savorthebest 11/3/23 00:31

This looks great. I love cod and this is a fantastic way to serve it.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 11/3/23 00:41

What a great idea to cook cod, it must be very tasteful!

[Reply]
Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake 11/3/23 01:15

We've been eating a lot of salmon on Fridays in Lent. Cod would be a delicious change of pace and this recipe looks so easy and delicious!!!

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 11/3/23 10:20

I like tandoori spice. Tandoori cod looks so good and delicious.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 11/3/23 11:12

I will try Tandoori cod... look yummy...
Thank you for sharing recipe...

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 12/3/23 06:50

Adding Indian spices and flavours to fish is not something I do regularly but it does sound fabulous! I’ll take my fish in portions and mot staring back at me, thank you very much! We have been travelling through Europe for over a month so it’s been difficult to keep up the comments. Hope you’ll forgive me.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 13/3/23 02:09

I love it!!....it is difficult for me to find good cod here, but I will make it with salmon.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
rachida 13/3/23 19:58

I really like this fish cooked with these spices!

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top