Search Angie's Recipes


Coconut Cake

Labels: { , , }

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This is one very coconutty cake! Coconut oil, coconut yoghurt, coconut sugar and desiccated coconut come together in this special tropical loaf cake, then the cake is finished off with a coconut icing and coconut chips. It's incredibly moist and aromatic and makes the perfect tea-time treat.

 
Cake BatterCoconut Icing
  • 300 g Plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp Baking soda
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 100 ml Coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
  • 100 g Coconut sugar
  • 150 g Coconut yoghurt
  • 3 Eggs
  • 180 g Sweetened condensed milk
  • 75 g Dessicated coconut
  • 150 g Powdered sugar
  • 3 tbsp Coconut milk
  • Coconut chips, to garnish
  1. Grease a 22-24cm loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
  2. Beat the coconut oil with the coconut sugar until well combined. Whisk the coconut yoghurt and eggs with the condensed milk, and beat this into the sugar mixture.
  3. Fold in the flour mixture and desiccated coconut and spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake the cake in the middle of hot oven for 50-6 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
  4. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, then lift the cake out of the pan and cool on a wire rack completely.
  5. Mix the powdered sugar with enough coconut cream to make a thick, spoonable icing and drizzle over the cake, sprinkle with coconut chips.

© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2023 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




31 comments:

Anonymous 27/4/23 22:24

That sure looks good! I'd love to have a slice of that with my morning coffee!

[Reply]
roentare 27/4/23 22:58

The coconut toast looks so good! So fluffy

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 27/4/23 23:26

Que rico por favor! Con lo que me gusta el coco, un buen trozo me comería.
Un beso.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 28/4/23 00:21

That sure does look delicious!

[Reply]
Raymund 28/4/23 03:05

I love coconut and this cake seems to be packed with coconut flavor, from the coconut oil, coconut sugar, coconut yoghurt, and desiccated coconut. The addition of the coconut icing and coconut chips as garnish is a great touch. I can't wait to try baking this cake and enjoy it as a perfect tea-time treat.

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 28/4/23 03:33

Yummm! I love coconut anything!

Hugs and blessings, Angie

[Reply]
Citu 28/4/23 04:47

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Anonymous 28/4/23 04:53

Judee from Gluten Free A-Z : I'm glad I am not there! I seriously would want to eat that whole cake. It looks so delicious.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 28/4/23 12:05

Hello,
The coconut cake looks delicious, yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing. Take care, have a great weekend!

[Reply]
Javier 28/4/23 12:57

I absolutely love your recipe because coconut flavor is one of my favorites. This cake looks amazing!!!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 28/4/23 13:36

This looks yummy. My goal this year is bake at least 1 cake per month, and maybe May needs to be a coconut one. Smile.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 28/4/23 13:43

Coconut is my favorite cake I ask for every year on my birthday this looks so delicious~!

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 28/4/23 14:47

What a beautiful cake, it sounds delicious!

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 28/4/23 15:01

love coconut ...
good smell and taste for me...yummy

[Reply]
DEZMOND 28/4/23 15:20

Love those square white plates and I also love kokos in anything. I was thinking of buying coconut sugar myself as I no longer use the normal one, but I generally use sugar so little that it would just sit in my cupboard unused LOL

[Reply]
David 28/4/23 17:09

Angie, Is there such a thing as too much coconut? I doubt it! Great looking cake and most importantly, it looks like its really nice and moist, my key prerequisite for any cake... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
paola 28/4/23 17:51

wow!! looks so good!

[Reply]
Laura. M 28/4/23 19:19

Se ve delicioso.
Buen fin de semana.
Un abrazo.

[Reply]
Bill 28/4/23 20:12

Love coconut, looks yummy!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 28/4/23 23:32

Very coconutty indeed, and so gorgeous!

[Reply]
Neil 29/4/23 10:58

Lovely looking cake Angie, with an amazing topping. This is exactly what I need read now with my morning coffee!

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 29/4/23 19:39

Oh my goodness, what a delicious sounding cake. Thanks for the share Angie!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 1/5/23 01:38

I thought I left a comment!....maybe I saw it first in instagram.....I love coconut!....and this cake looks so moist and fluffy!!.....I love it!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Carol @Comfort Spring Station 1/5/23 15:35

Yum! I would love a piece of that right now!

[Reply]
tigerfish 4/5/23 01:51

So coconutty! The everything coconut cake.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top