Search Angie's Recipes


Creamy Quince and Parsnip Soup


© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This fruity and delicious soup will protect you perfectly during the cold season, as quince provides plenty of immune-boosting vitamin C and contains tannins and tartaric acid, which have antiviral and antibacterial effects. Along with vitamin C, parsnips are rich in potassium, a mineral that helps your heart function, balances your blood pressure, and lowers your risk for kidney stones. It's economical, easy to throw together with a few ingredients and incredibly versatile. Besides parsnip, you can also use pumpkin, root celery, carrot or sweet potato to make the soup.

 
  • 350 g Quince
  • 200 g Parsnip
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic
  • 3-5 cm Ginger root
  • 1 tbsp Butter (or olive oil)
  • 800 ml Homemade broth
  • 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
  • Walnuts, toasted and chopped
  • Parsley for garnishing
  1. Rub off the fuzz of quinces with a piece of kitchen paper. Wash and dry the quinces, quarter them, cut out the core and dice the quarters. Peel the parsnip, onion, garlic and ginger and also dice everything.
  2. Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger in the hot butter until translucent. Add in the quinces, parsnip and cook briefly. Pour in broth and simmer for about 20 minutes until soft.
  3. Puree the mixture with a stick blender. Depending on the desired consistency, you can simmer the soup a little longer or add in more broth. Taste and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
  4. Divide the soup among bowls and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Serve with the chopped walnuts and garnish with parsley.

© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


33 comments:

Lowcarb team member 31/10/22 23:10

Parsnips are so good in Autumn soups.
Many thanks for sharing this recipe.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 1/11/22 00:02

What a delicious soup!....I love it!!....so good with quince!!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 1/11/22 00:09

That looks really good, I'd try some!

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 1/11/22 00:09

I love the combination of parsnip and pear (or apple) in soup, but quince is something new and intriguing to me. I've got to try it - thanks for the inspiration!

[Reply]
Bill 1/11/22 00:15

I've never had quince but the soup does look good.

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 1/11/22 02:00

Gracias por la receta, se ve muy rica. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Tom 1/11/22 02:02

...the quince should sweeten it up.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 1/11/22 03:01

I still need to try a quince, but I like the idea of using fruit with parsnips. Do you know how it would taste to replace the parsnips with apples? Happy new month. hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Anonymous 1/11/22 03:05

Your vegetarian soup sounds delicious and very healthy. I was thinking about making a parsnip soup this week too but haven't been able to find parsnips in Florida. Lovely presentation and photos especially the pretty mug.

[Reply]
gluten Free A_Z Blog 1/11/22 03:06

@Anonymous
It's Judee- it only lets me comment as anonymous.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 1/11/22 03:15

excellent to consume soup in this season...
your soup looks great... yummy

[Reply]
Margaret D 1/11/22 06:27

Love walnuts, looks interesting.

[Reply]
roentare 1/11/22 06:43

This hearty soup is great for winter. Looks so beautiful

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 1/11/22 09:52

What a curious association of ingredients, but these two must go together very well!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 1/11/22 10:08

Yeah, it's a big no no from me, I don't want quince in my lovely parsnip soup LOL and no ginger either. But you can make me a quince compote and I will eat it with delight. In other news, parsnip is one of my all time faves.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 1/11/22 12:44

Wow this sounds so comforting I love all soups this is a must try!

[Reply]
Rhodesia 1/11/22 13:26

This sounds amazing and I have all the ingredients at home so I will be making it in the next couple of days. We both love quince, (we have a large tree), so this is an interesting variation.
Many thanks, have a good day, cheers Diane

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 1/11/22 14:00

Wow, so healthy, that's a win win!

[Reply]
Rose world 1/11/22 14:17

Oh. Fruity soup, I would like to taste some. Never taste parsnip, so wonder how it taste like.

[Reply]
Muriel 1/11/22 20:10

Rohhh ! quelle soupe originale et goûteuse !

[Reply]
Anonymous 1/11/22 20:25

Hi Angie, I made a pot of parsnip and leek soup. My recipe is similar to yours. But, your soup is so white and mine turned light brown. Any input as to why that happened. Thanks, Bernadette, https://newclassicrecipe.com

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 1/11/22 20:42

@Anonymous I used lemon juice in the soup. Maybe that's why it didn't turn too browned.

[Reply]
Raymund 2/11/22 02:12

Wow this is really good, something new to me

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 2/11/22 06:49

Quince and parsnip are new to me. Soup looks good and I am sure it is very tasty.

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 2/11/22 11:49

This looks so delicious - perfect for this time of year! Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
Assia 2/11/22 16:46

Une soupe originale avec l'association du panais et le coing bravo

[Reply]
David 2/11/22 18:03

Angie, I wish I could get my better half to eat parsnips! With my restrictions on any green vegetables, this soup would be perfect for me... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Pedro 2/11/22 21:42

Very original soup. I would like to try it. Sure it´s delicious.
Cheers!

[Reply]
Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews 3/11/22 08:51

Wow! Ginger, lemon, quince and parsnip! Definitely not flavours I would have ever thought of blending together, yet it sounds delicious.

I am a sucker for soup of any flavour, so I shall definitely be giving this recipe a try - the thicker and creamier the soup, the better for me! :)

[Reply]
Noob Cook 15/11/22 09:52

Great flavours and colours!

[Reply]
Anonymous 15/11/22 16:21

I've loved reading all your quince recipes. They make my quince jelly sound quite dull. I really want to try this soup now as I can't quite imagine how it would taste.

Choclette x

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top