Search Angie's Recipes


Chives Blossom Butter


© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Chive blossoms are a colorful and flavourful edible flower that will appear at the end of chive stalks in late springtime. These pale purple pompoms taste slightly stronger than the chive leaves, but still very mild, and they are simply beautiful in a wide range of recipes.
Chive bloosm flavoured butter is an easy compound butter, that makes food so much more interesting and better with that delicate onion flavour. The flowerless chive leaves are available all year round in supermarkets, but not the blossoms. If you don't grow chives, you might be able to find these scrumptious little gems at farmers markets in May and June, or forage them in the wild.

  • 1 tsp Chopped chives
  • 12-15 Chive blossoms
  • 250 g Unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/3 tsp Himalayan pink salt
  1. Thoroughly wash the chive and the blossoms. Pat them dry with paper towels or dry them in a salad spinner. Finely chop the chives. Separate the flower petals from the stem.
  2. Mix salt into butter. When the salt is completely incorporated into the butter, add in the chopped chive and blossoms. Mix until well blended.
  3. Fill a few of silicone muffins cups with butter and freeze for 30 minutes. Once they are firm, it's very easy to remove them. Store the butter, covered or wrapped, in the fridge a couple of hours to let the flavours meld.
  4. You can simply throw the butter in a container or jar, or shape it into a log. Chill until firm. Use the chive blossom butter for bread, steak, fish, grilled vegetables or to toss with pasta.

© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


35 comments:

Norma2 27/5/22 00:33

Angie, a fantastic idea for flavoring butter. Perhaps applicable to other aromatic herb flowers.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 27/5/22 00:39

How pretty i just bought molds and this recipe us perfect to use they for

[Reply]
kathyinozarks 27/5/22 01:02

This post is so beautiful Angie I used to grow these when I had a garden, loving your butter

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 27/5/22 01:23

Yum, fresh chives are so good.

[Reply]
Tom 27/5/22 04:05

...I'll have plain butter, please.

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 27/5/22 04:09

Es una buena idea, se ve muy rica la mantequilla. Lo haré pronto te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 27/5/22 04:52

I bet that butter taste good..great idea.

[Reply]
Rose world 27/5/22 05:17

Chive blossom is so pretty. Love the colour!!

Its butter must be fragrant and addictive.

[Reply]
Grace 27/5/22 06:40

Very tasty idea!!!
Good life!!!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 27/5/22 07:53

Que interesante. Primera vez que veo esta mantequilla. Y que flor más bonita la del cebollino, ahora lo que toca es probar la mantequilla a ver que tal sabe.
Un beso.

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 27/5/22 09:44

Your chives blossoms very different from the white blossoms of the Chinese chives which I have in my garden. Great idea to have chives blossom butter. Thanks for the recipe.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 27/5/22 13:08

I actually have it in my flower garden as it looks so decorative, but did not know the flower can be eaten too! How intriguing!

[Reply]
Anonymous 27/5/22 13:41

Hi Angie, this is Bernadette, I have a lot of chive blossoms and now I have an idea of what to do with them. Thanks.

[Reply]
Kitchen Riffs 27/5/22 16:23

Compound butter is so versatile! And wow, this one looks spectacularly good. Really nice flavor -- thanks.

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 27/5/22 16:53

So pretty! How delightful for a shower or ladies tea party!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 27/5/22 21:01

so beautiful!....I love your creativity and elegance in the kitchen!!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Muriel 27/5/22 21:59

Ce beurre d'ail doit être délicieusement parfumé !

[Reply]
Abbe@This is How I Cook 27/5/22 22:47

My chives won't blossom for awhile but when they do you can bet I will be trying this!

[Reply]
mjskit 28/5/22 03:43

Bummer! My chives were blooming like crazy last week and this morning I removed the dried blooms. Hopefully they will bloom again because this butter looks wonderful and I love infused butters.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 28/5/22 11:51

Hello,
The chive butter looks so tasty, pretty too. Your photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Take care, have a happy weekend.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 28/5/22 15:14

My chives are blooming but nothing like that field in your field. How fabulous. Chive blossom butter sounds great. I may have to make some. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Balvinder 28/5/22 16:34

This is a wonderful idea. I love to mix herbs in butter, never tried the flowers.

[Reply]
Marcelle 28/5/22 19:11

I love compound butters like this, Angie. I don't know why I don't serve them more often, but they really add something special to a meal. This chive blossom butter is so pretty in that mold, thanks for the inspiration!!

[Reply]
Królowa Karo 28/5/22 22:24

Not only tasty, but also beautiful!

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 29/5/22 13:50

I never knew you could eat the blossoms! I just cut all of mine off, but there will be more…

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 29/5/22 18:03

Apart from being undoubtedly delicious, this butter looks so beautiful. Pictures are gorgeous!

[Reply]
valentina 30/5/22 00:38

I've always loved chive flowers. They used to grow in my parents' yard and I'd decorate cakes with them. The butter sounds so tasty! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake 30/5/22 00:39

I have loads of chives this year....and this yummy butter will be terrific on fresh sweet corn!!

[Reply]
valentina 30/5/22 00:40

I've always loved chive flowers. They used to grown is my parents' yard and I'd use them to decorate cakes. The butter sounds delicious! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 30/5/22 15:39

Ooo this is so gorgeous and some stunning photos, too! Our chives is not blossoming yet, but I will definitely try this shortly!

[Reply]
Kelly | Foodtasia 31/5/22 04:26

Angie, how lovely! I didn't know chive blossoms were a thing and I would have thought that they would be on the sweet side. I'll have to search for them at the farmers market!

[Reply]
Raymund 2/6/22 04:36

Honestly that is the prettiest butter I had ever seen in my life

[Reply]
SavoringTime in the Kitchen 6/6/22 18:17

That is an amazing field of chive blossoms, Angie! You've done such a beautiful thing with them. I love the flower molds. So pretty!

[Reply]
tigerfish 14/6/22 16:47

Wow, don't think I have seen chive blossoms field ! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful chive blossom butter too, that resembles mini mooncakes :p

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top