© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
Sweet, savory and spicy, these roasted sweet potatoes are very adaptable and easy to prepare. Sub in regular potatoes or add parsnips to make the side even more interesting. You can serve those roasted sweet potato wedges as they are, with the spiced seed mixture or with a sprinkle of freshly chopped herb and yoghurt dressing. Either way, these would go perfectly as a side with steak or grilled chicken.
| | |
- 500 g Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2-3 tbsp Beef dripping
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (a mixture of white and black)
- ½ tsp Fennel
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds
- ½ tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 tsp Sea salt flakes
- ½-1 tsp Dried chilli flakes
- 150 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon zest
|
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Toss sweet potato wedges with beef dripping, salt and pepper, then spread on a baking tray in a single layer. Roast for 35-45 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a dry frypan over medium-low heat, tossing frequently, for a few minutes until white seeds are golden. Add remaining seeds and toast for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Remove and add in sea salt and chilli flakes.
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the sweet potato with seeds. Serve with prepared lemon yoghurt. Or simply sprinkle the roasted sweet potatoes with some fresh herbs and enjoy with the lemon yoghurt.
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
38 comments:
We do all love a bit of a roast for Sunday lunch! I will be making butternut squash corn flour pie tomorrow for lunch as they say it will be just 10C tonight which means the morning will be purfect for some baking and I will sleep like a baby!
Yummy
So yummy! & healthy too!
What a great weekend treat! All the best to you and your blog!
Me encantan las batatas asadas, yo las preparo solo con aceite, ni siquiera les pongo sal, las tuyas quedarán más sabrosas claro. Habrá que probarlas.
Yummy. I love sweet potatoes anything. Have a great start to the new week.
...they look great!
Angie, sweet potatoes have become popular around here. I really like them and I will make your recipe.
It is recommended that we use the seeds ground so that their properties benefit our health.
Hugs.
Adoro queste patate, ottime così cucinate!!!
Looks delicious, Angie! I love the sweet, spicy, and nutty combination here.
Oooh, I love ❤️ sweet potatoes, Angie.
We love sweet potatoes, and your spicy version with a seed mix promises great flavor and a delicious snack.
Warm regards!
These sound amazing!
Your sweet potatoes look absolutely gorgeous and caramelized!
Thank you for the sweet potato recipe Angie. I love them any which way and as I haven't tried all these delicious seasonings, I'll look forward to making it.
YUM! Roasted sweet potatoes are so good!
Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
That looks like a really tasty recipe to me.
Potatoes are always a great choice, whether for snacks or meals. I’ve joined your circle of blog friends.
Best regards!
This would taste fantastic
I could easily eat the whole lot in one go!
Every post you out do yourself.
They look lovely Angie. I'm not fond of sweet potatoes unfortunately.
Hello Angie,
YUM, I love sweet potatoes! They looks delicious.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Essa quantidade de batatas é suficiente para mim. Você está preparando para mais pessoas, né? rsrsrsrs
Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼
Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.
I'm always looking for a new way to make sweet potatoes. This is great. I will try it this week.
I do like roast veggies.
I am not a huge sweet potato fan but will eat them occasionally. However, TheHub loves them and I think he will really enjoy these.
Looks great and delicious.
We bake sweet potato fries in the oven, more like wedges actually, and they are delicious. Healthy, too.
Delicious! 😋
Sweet potatoes are always a favorite.
I am going to try this with the Japanese sweet potatoes I picked up.
What a perfect appetizer or side dish for burgers! Love this, Angie.
I love sweet potato! These are calling my name!
beef drippings mean more flavor too! yum yum
I love how many ways one can enjoy roasted potatoes. These seasonings look delicious with the potatoes. Thanks.
Looks delicious. I love roast potatoes.
Looks delightful, Angie!
buonissime!
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!