Search Angie's Recipes


Chanterelle Scrambled Eggs


© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Turn an ordinary scrambled egg meal into a gourmet feast with one of the most versatile and delicious wild mushrooms-chanterelles. I dry cleaned the chanteerelles with paper towels, but if prefer water, just make sure do it quickly rather than soaking them so they do not get soggy. And dry them off with a clean towel. Pre-salt the egg mixture 5-10 minutes before cooking changes the structure of proteins, making the scarmbled eggs much more tender.

 
  • 200 g Chanterelles
  • 1 Shallot, peeled and finely chopped
  • 4 Large eggs
  • 1 tbsp Heavy cream
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper, freshly milled
  • 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
  • 1 tbsp Fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, chives or carrot greens)
  • Pink pepper, crushed (optional)
  1. Clean the chanterelles with a paper towel or a mushroom brush. Wipe off any dirt and grime thoroughly. Cut the larger mushrooms into smaller pieces. Leave the smaller ones whole.
  2. Peel the shallot and finely chop it. Set aside. Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
  3. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and fry for a couple of minutes until aromatic. Add in the prepared chanterelles and fry for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until excess liquid evaporates and mushrooms start to sizzle.
  4. Lower the heat to medium-low. Pour in the egg and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture starts to set. Using a spatula, push set egg towards centre of pan, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to run over base. Cook for 2 minutes or until eggs form creamy curds.
  5. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herb and crushed pink peppercorns if using. Serve immediately.

© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com






36 comments:

eileeninmd 14/9/26 12:41

Sounds yummy Angie, I love both scrambled eggs and mushrooms.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

[Reply]
Tom 14/9/26 14:25

...an interesting combination.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 14/9/26 14:41

I know those would have to be good, yum!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 14/9/26 15:19

Oooh, I would deeply enjoy that breakfast or lunch, I do ever so love me scrambled eggs but never make them myself. I do not eat shrooms during summer, but now that rain came finally with the prelude of Autumn, I might do some button mushrooms again.

[Reply]
Anonymous 14/9/26 16:17

So yummy!

[Reply]
Maminek kulinarny 14/9/26 17:25

You’ve really whetted my appetite. Scrambled eggs with chanterelles like that are a real feast!
They have a unique aroma and flavor. Thanks for the recipe! Best regards!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 14/9/26 17:52

Me gustan ambos ingredientes mucho y juntos son aún más ricos. Receta excelente.

[Reply]
Strayer 14/9/26 19:30

Someone gifted me a large chantrelle they found on a morning walk. I was going to put it with eggs or in soup but I butter sauteed it and ate it all just that way. They're very delicious and so common here where I live.

[Reply]
Bill 14/9/26 20:43

Never had it but would try it.

[Reply]
Diana 14/9/26 22:32

What a great idea, my mouth is watering!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 14/9/26 23:23

This is a recipe I also have on my blog and it's so good!

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 15/9/26 00:46

I am salivating at the mere thought of this one, Angie. I must look in the store for chanterelles.

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 15/9/26 01:02

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
DVArtist 15/9/26 01:24

This is a real treat of a breakfast.

[Reply]
David Scott Allen 15/9/26 01:52

Divine! Eggs and mushrooms -- especially mushrooms like chanterelles -- are fabulous together. All this needs is a glass of white wine...

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 15/9/26 02:10

So simple yet delicious! Now I want chanterelles, Angie! Sadly, they’re hard to find here, and if you’re lucky enough to spot them, they cost an arm and a leg :)

[Reply]
Judee 15/9/26 05:10

Good cleaning suggestion for the mushrooms. This looks delicious

[Reply]
Rose world 15/9/26 05:17

Egg is the most versatile food we can ever have. Your scrambled egg looked so beautifully done. I like creamer, tender scramble.

[Reply]
Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 15/9/26 07:36

This is one of the 100 ways you can make eggs.

[Reply]
Margaret D 15/9/26 09:03

Not familiar with it but it does look good.

[Reply]
Lori 15/9/26 12:55

That looks and sounds amazing.

[Reply]
Anonymous 15/9/26 14:18

Looks delicious.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 15/9/26 14:20

This looks fabulous. Every time I see an egg dish I want some eggs. :)

[Reply]
🇺🇸Baking with Nessa🇺🇸 15/9/26 16:23

This is everything that I love in a high protein meal: Scrambled eggs cooked to perfection and oh my with chanterelles (my favorite!) ~Nessa

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 15/9/26 16:57

Thanks for this delicious recipe Angie. Looks incredibly yummy!

[Reply]
Pam 15/9/26 18:56

What a killer combination!!! That is my kind of breakfast.

[Reply]
Eva Taylor 15/9/26 21:45

Great tip to salt the eggs about 10-minutes before cooking! I've been doing it for a year or so and boy does it make a lovely difference. I never thought to pair the eggs with Chanterelles, definitely going to try it.

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 16/9/26 03:11

yum delicious! we love scrambled eggs and we love mushrooms so win/win!
sherry

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 16/9/26 11:59

Scrambled eggs and mushrooms are such a perfect combo.😋

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 17/9/26 23:26

Fabulous Angie.
My kind of breakfast :)

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Raymund | angsarap.net 18/9/26 02:19

Angie, this is such a beautiful breakfast, chanterelles and creamy scrambled eggs are a match made in heaven. Love the tip about pre‑salting the eggs too

[Reply]
Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® 20/9/26 10:47

That looks utterly delicious, definitely trying it this week! Thank you for sharing, and have a pawesome week ahead! 😻🐾😻🐾😻

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top