Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 37 Cucumber Recipes to keep you cool in hot Summer



Boiled Banana Cake

Labels: { , , , }

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This boiled banana cake is easy to make, tastes delicious and has a soft and tender texture. It stays fresh, moist for several days if you store it well in an air-tight container. You can make this banana cake plain, or use it as a basic recipe. Add spices, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chunks too. If you don't have spelt, just use regular wheat, plain or whole or a mixture of two. If you fancy, you can always whip up some cream cheese frosting to top the cake or simply dust with some icing sugar.

 
  • 250 Spelt flour (German#630)
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1/3 tsp Salt
  • 125 g Butter
  • 200 g Xylitol (or white sugar)
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp Ground vanilla bean powder (optional)
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
  • 240 ml Water
  • 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 Over ripe bananas, mashed
  • 60 g Walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease a 20x11x7 cm loaf tin and line with baking paper. Whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
  2. Bring butter, xylitol (or sugar), cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, baking soda and water to the boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
  3. Mix in eggs and sift in flour, and fold through bananas and walnuts if using.
  4. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with some icing sugar if desired.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


29 comments:

eileeninmd 20/7/24 15:30

Hello,
I would love this banana bread, looks yummy!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

[Reply]
Anonymous 20/7/24 15:47

Your banana walnut cake looks like an enticing treat to enjoy in the afternoon with a cup of coffee.

[Reply]
JoAnna 20/7/24 17:26

Delicious cake, you've made me want it!

[Reply]
Norma2 20/7/24 17:38

Angie, a recipe to keep. Since the banana is sweet, we can add a little less sugar.In the past it was also used to sweeten beetroot, carrots, figs, dates, etc.

[Reply]
babYpose 20/7/24 17:46

Delicious, love banana cake. Like to try it too.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 20/7/24 18:23

My favorite kind and this looks wonderful! Thanks Angie!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 20/7/24 18:31

El pan de plátano es uno de los más ricos para mi y el tuyo es excelente.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 20/7/24 18:41

That looks delicious and I can almost smell how good it is.

[Reply]
Anonymous 20/7/24 20:37

Interesting -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

[Reply]
Granny Sue 20/7/24 21:00

What an interesting recipe. Very different from the usual banana bread!

[Reply]
DUTA 20/7/24 21:40

Banana fruit don't have a long shelf-life, so, a banana cake is a good idea; staying fresh for a few days (if stored in an ir tight container.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 20/7/24 21:50

The recipe is original and I will probably test it as soon as I have ripe bananas!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 20/7/24 22:43

Looks nom nom nom banana is my favourite flavour and fruit! My most famous cake that I ever invented back while I was making cakes for money was Dezmond torte with banana and chocolate :)

[Reply]
roentare 20/7/24 23:57

Another great recipe to enjoy

[Reply]
Balvinder 21/7/24 01:37

I love banana bread. This one is quite different from the usual.

[Reply]
Citu 21/7/24 03:16

Gracias por la receta. Lo hare pronto. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 21/7/24 07:46

I make this and put butter on each slice.

[Reply]
Anne in the kitchen 21/7/24 07:53

I do not care for the texture of bananas but I do love the flavor. I read this with interest, since I do love banana bread as long as the bananas are well mashed and mixed so no banana bits are in the batter.
I will be trying it the next time TheHub's bananas are overripe.

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 21/7/24 11:04

This looks delicious! I would love to try it with chocolate chips too!
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 21/7/24 13:46

We make conventional banana bread and banana muffins, so this is something to think about.

[Reply]
Pattie 21/7/24 16:54

This looks fantastic!! I love banana bread, and am so getting into the mood for making quick breads. This is generally a fall and winter activity for me, but I have really been in the mood.

[Reply]
Bill 21/7/24 17:35

I love bananas and this looks delicious.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 22/7/24 11:38

Interesting cooking method I have simmer date cakes then bakes never banana sounds delicious and very moist

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 23/7/24 02:48

I love banana bread, and this one looks and sounds tasty. I printed the recipe and will give it a try next time I have bananas.

[Reply]
Marcelle 24/7/24 08:47

We love banana bread, but I've never made a loaf with this method! This is officially a must-try!!

[Reply]
tigerfish 25/7/24 00:23

Very seldom I see a boiled banana cake version. What's the purpose of boiling butter, sugar, water, baking soda etc? Does it make the cake more moist?

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 25/7/24 05:16

@tigerfish Yes, moister and boiling can break down the natural sugar in the bananas, making the bread tastes sweeter.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top