Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 37 Cucumber Recipes to keep you cool in hot Summer



Peanut Butter Chicken Curry


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Peanut butter curry chicken with a kick from chilli and lots of warming spices along with organic natural peanut butter as the base of the curry sauce. It's naturally gluten free, dairy free and keto-friendly. Orginal recipe from BBC Good Food calls for 400 ml coconut cream, I used only half with some homemade broth. Serve with some steamed greens if desired.

 
CurryTo Serve
  • 1.2-1.5 kg Chicken thighs or drumsticks (I used a mix of two)
  • 6 Garlic cloves, 2 finely chopped, 4 left whole
  • 3 Lemongrass stalks, bashed and roughly chopped
  • 20 g Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp Ground cumin
  • 1 tbsp Ground coriander
  • 1 tbsp Ground turmeric
  • 2 Limes, juiced
  • 2 Red chillies, 1 roughly chopped and 1 sliced to serve (optional)
  • 1 Small onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 tbsp Ghee (or oil of your choice)
  • 100 g Organic smooth natural peanut butter (I used KORO organic peanut butter)
  • 3 tbsp Gluten free soya sauce (I used Kikkoman)
  • 1 tbsp Xylitol (or coconut sugar)
  • 200 ml Coconut milk
  • 200 ml Homemade broth or water
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 2 stalk Spring onions, chopped
  • Small handful of coriander, chopped
  • Small handful of roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
  1. Put the chicken, two chopped garlic, one lemongrass and half the ginger root, spices and juice of 1 lime in a large bowl. Toss the chicken with the marinade, then cover and leave for 30 minutes, or chill for up to 24 hours.
  2. Blitz the four whole garlic cloves, the rest of the lemongrass and ginger, remaining spices, chopped chilli, onion and a large splash of water to in a food processor. Set aside.
  3. Heat the ghee in a pan and brown the chicken all over. Set aside on a plate. Cook the prepared curry paste for 8-10 minutes until it splits. Stir in the peanut butter, soya sauce and xylitol. When thickened, add the coconut milk and broth or water, bring to a simmer.
  4. Season, then return the chicken with its juices to the pan. Continue to simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often. Turn off the heat, add the rest of the lime juice. Taste and season. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Scatter over the sliced chilli, spring onions, fresh coriander and peanuts to serve.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


28 comments:

Javier 5/9/24 12:51

Your chicken is so colorful and looks delicious!

[Reply]
Pedro 5/9/24 13:21

I will try this absolute delicious chicken!

[Reply]
Tom 5/9/24 13:44

...another way to enjoy chicken!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 5/9/24 13:48

Ya me gustaría probar ese pollo porque cuando lo cocino al curry es una alegría para mi familia, y la mantequilla de maní me encanta y le debe ir muy rica a esta receta.

[Reply]
LoveT. 5/9/24 14:29


I bet it tastes very good

[Reply]
DEZMOND 5/9/24 15:17

I must admit that I very rarely use curry, I bought a lil bottle in Lidl and almost never use it, probably because I hate ginger and turmeric that are in it. I prefer their Tzatziki seasonings from Greek week.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 5/9/24 15:51

That sounds delicious and I like the peanut butter in there!

[Reply]
Anne in the kitchen 5/9/24 17:26

Another bookmarked recipe for when the weather cools off a little. I love a good curry as long as it has enough heat.

[Reply]
Bill 5/9/24 19:36

A great way to enjoy chicken.

[Reply]
eileeninmd 5/9/24 19:51

Another delicious recipe, thanks for sharing!
Take care, have a wonderful day!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 5/9/24 23:30

I particularly like the roasted skin, it's so good!

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 6/9/24 01:41

I'm sure this will be tasty!

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 6/9/24 02:09

I may not be a huge fan of curry, but this version loaded with peanut flavour sounds terrific!

[Reply]
Judee 6/9/24 02:26

I love the taste of curry , but my husband won't touch it and hates the smell. One time I made a curry dish and he made me promise never to bring curry powder in the house again because the whole apartment smelled like curry. I still use it as a flavoring in my own bowl, but usually don't cook with it.

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 6/9/24 02:57

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Raymund | angsarap.net 6/9/24 04:00

I bet this will taste similar to the Filipino Kare Kare, which is some sort of a peanut butter curry too. I need to try this

[Reply]
Anonymous 6/9/24 05:51

This is my type of dinner!
Tandy | Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com

[Reply]
Margaret D 6/9/24 06:22

That would taste delicious.

[Reply]
Grace 6/9/24 06:29

Qué rico Angie! De todas las especies, el curry y el comino son mis preferidas. Así que tu presente receta es muy bienvenida!
Gracias!
Va mi abrazo.

[Reply]
Valentina 6/9/24 06:40

What a dreamy combination of ingredients. I love this! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 6/9/24 08:08

a very tempting dish which is well cooked with a variety of spices...Thanks for your great recipe as always Angie

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 6/9/24 13:37

I'm guessing it would have been creamier with more coconut cream, but this looks delicious as is. And peanut butter, a favorite of mine. Does it taste anything like bang-bang chicken? Happy end of the week Angie.

[Reply]
Angie's Recipes 6/9/24 14:52

No. They are quite different. Bang bang chicken tastes great too.

[Reply]
David 6/9/24 18:19

Hi Angie, Great entree! We both love chicken (thighs), we both love curry and we both love peanut butter. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 7/9/24 16:03

I bet this tastes fantastic! I am definitely bookmarking this recipe to try later
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

[Reply]
MELODY JACOB 8/9/24 00:44

This peanut butter curry chicken recipe sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for a cozy meal! I love how you’ve adapted it to be both healthy and flavorful with the addition of homemade broth and organic ingredients.

I just posted a new blog post, I invite you to read. Thank you: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/how-to-style-prepreworks-stretchy-slim-round-neck-knit-vest.html

[Reply]
tigerfish 10/9/24 02:35

The next time I cook chicken curry , will try to add peanut butter (cos I LOVE peanut butter!)

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 11/9/24 03:43

I am drooling here. Love all the flavours you are using. But I have to say it's only crunchy peanut butter for me!

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top