© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
The fig leaves keep the fish incredibly moist and buttery and have a delicious warm coconut, vanilla aroma when they're roasted. If you have no access to fig leaves, you can use vine leaves, beet root leaves or Swiss chard or any flat leaves that you can find at the farmers market! You can use any type of fish you prefer and wrap it in fig leaves and you will be in for a delicious surprise! Fig leaves are so underrated and overlooked. The leaves themselves are not the best for eating, but they are perfect for cooking. The salmon bundles can be prepared up to a few hours ahead, wrap airtight and chill. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking.
| | Dried Fig and Walnut Salsa Verde |
- 4x 125 g Salmon fillets
- 4 Large fig leaves, washed, dried and stems removed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
|
- 100 g Dried figs, diced
- 80 g Walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 30 g Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Small red onion, minced
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 120 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
|
- Preheat an oven to 200C/400F.
- Place a fig leaf on the work surface with the smooth side down, vein side up. Brush well with olive oil. Place the salmon lengthwise on the center of the fig leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the outer side edges towards the center. Fold the remaining leaf over the salmon to enclose it completely. Flip so that the seams are facing down to keep the packet closed during cooking. If you find that they are not staying in place, tie some kitchen twine around the salmon and leaves. Brush the bundles lightly with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the upper part of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- For the salsa verde, in a bowl, stir together the dried figs, walnuts, parsley, rosemary, shallot, sherry vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, unwrap the packets and place a dollop of the salsa verde on the salmon. Enjoy!
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
35 comments:
You got me at salmon. I love salmon.
wow...wonderful lunch, now I've gotten hungry and I'm going to quickly make something:))
Salad as always...greetings, Andreja!
I eat dried figs every day. Better start eating them with salmon!
...wrapped up goodness.
I love salmon and this sounds delicious and the presentation is wonderful.
I live salmon. This is great.
Do you have fig leaves in your yard? I remember you were obsessed with them last year as well.
Che meraviglia, questo lo voglio proprio provare!!!
Delicious
That looks so good and I love salmon, yum!
Salmon is THeHub's favorite fish. I am going to try this if I can find a neighbor with fig leaves to share.
The salmon looks delicious, thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day!
What a great way to cook the fish.
This is a beautiful dish. I wish I could get fig leaves here.
Curiosity prompts me to ask: can these be cooked on a grill, bbq or griddle? Turning on the oven this time of year is not very popular in our home.
Hello Angie :)
Another great recipe. I grow two fig plants in my garden they have never produced figs but I think the leaves have a beautiful shape and it was for this reason that I planted them, The family love salmon,. I wonder if my daughter would be tempted to try this recipe, I hope so!
All the best
Sonjia.
I do enjoy salmon and this looks a great recipe idea.
All the best Jan
What a great idea. You come up with so many clever meals. Not like the boring ones we eat at my house. :)
The title seems complicated but you make the recipe easy
I'm going to have to see if I can get decent leaves off a friend's fig tree to try this with local fish.
They look great and how I love salmon -, Angie.
This recipe is amazing! I'd love to try this salmon!
I love salmon! Looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing.
❤︎ Natalie
The Muse Photographs Blog and Instagram
Wow. This is an interesting recipe. Fig leaves? Something like banana leaves I guess, giving that aroma to the salmon. I bet it must be delicious and moist. I love salmon.
Wow. This is an interesting recipe. Fig leaves? Something like banana leaves I guess, giving that aroma to the salmon. I bet it must be delicious and moist. I love salmon.
Oh, using fig leaves like this is pure genius! I never would have thought about that coconut and vanilla aroma coming through while it bakes, but now I am completely obsessed with the idea. Wrapping fish in leaves is such an old-school, brilliant way to lock in all that moisture, and honestly, I love that you even threw in alternatives like Swiss chard or beet greens just in case. That dried fig and walnut salsa verde on top? Stop it. That textural crunch paired with the earthy sweetness of the figs against the rich salmon sounds like an absolute dream combination. I am definitely bookmarking this one. Thanks for sharing such a creative, out-of-the-box recipe.
An outstanding dish, Angie!
This looks wonderful, Angie! Baking salmon in fig leaves is such an intriguing idea, and I can only imagine the lovely aroma they add.
Looks delectable, thanks Angie!
What a gorgeous salsa with the dried figs and walnut. I have never seen one like this before. And your salmon reminds me of the papillottes we make in France, which reminds me that I have yet to try it with figs leaves for those special flavors. ~Nessa
Never had fig leaves.
oh yum oh yum I love salmon!
sherry
Wow! Wygląda przepięknie! Ja jestem mało rybkowa, ale chętnie spróbowałabym tak przygotowane danie.
I am so interested to try this combination. Fig trees are all over our neighborhood so sourcing the eaves is easy. And I love fig and walnut together.
Salmon baked in fig leaves is quite interesting. The entire meal looks delicious.
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!