Search Angie's Recipes


Featured Recipe: 37 Cucumber Recipes to keep you cool in hot Summer



Gluten Free Kidney Bean Brownies


© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


These kidney bean brownies are perfect if you're looking for a healthy twist on the classic. They are super fudgy thanks to the kidney beans, grain-free and gluten-free. And in case you are wondering if they taste like beans, the answer is no. They actually taste like real brownies. The add of espresso powder gives these brownies even more intense chocolate flavour. Alternatively, use pure vanilla powder instead to provide a fully rounded flavour and enhance the sweetness.

 
  • 100 g Oat flakes
  • 130 g Coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 50 g Baking cocoa
  • 1 tsp Espresso powder
  • 2 can Kidney beans (drained weight: 240 g each)
  • 100 ml Coconut milk
  • 50 ml Coconut oil, melted and cool slightly
  • 100 g Applesauce
  • 100 g Lindt milk chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
  1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Lightly grease a 20 x 20cm brownie tin and line with baking parchment.
  2. Place the rolled oats in a blender and grind as finely as possible, then mix in a bowl with the coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa and espresso powder. Place the kidney beans in a sieve, rinse thoroughly under cold water and drain.
  3. Place the coconut milk, coconut oil and apple sauce in the blender. Add the drained beans and puree everything into a creamy mixture. Add the bean puree to the oat mix and mix everything quickly into a smooth batter. Fold in half of the chopped chocolate.
  4. Scrape the mixture into the tin with a spatula, level it and top with the remaining chocolate. Bake for 25 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool completey, then cut into squares. Will keep for a few days in a tin at room temperature, and 1 week in the fridge.

© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2024 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


26 comments:

Tom 27/7/24 12:40

...this sure is a twist!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 27/7/24 14:11

Now that title caught my eye. Interesting. I noticed you used some good chocolate. I wonder how they taste if you use some cheaper brands? Have a great weekend Angie.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 27/7/24 15:25

Vi este brownie la primera vez, en forma de tortitas en una película japonesa y ahora nos traes la receta que es una maravilla. No me quedo sin probarla. Gracias.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 27/7/24 15:37

Now that's a combination I would have never thought of!

[Reply]
eileeninmd 27/7/24 15:41

Wow, this is different. A brownie made with beans?
Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

[Reply]
Kathy G 27/7/24 17:27

I've enjoyed black bean brownies, but never would have thought to use kidney beans.

[Reply]
Norma2 27/7/24 18:18

Angie, you posted a recipe today that has no waste! I have seen that many pastry chefs prepare it with excellent results.
Best regards

[Reply]
Granny Sue 27/7/24 18:26

That is a surprise! But they sound good!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 27/7/24 19:25

I have a similar recipe but without the apple sauce, coconut milk which we don't have here. It is a nice recipe for us glufreers :) My problem with sweets is that I just do not use any kind of sugar, not even coconut or palm sugar, so that erased most of the recipes for me, sadly.

[Reply]
Bill 27/7/24 20:19

Interesting brownies, I never heard of before.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 27/7/24 21:20

A great idea to add more nutrition! Thanks Angie!

[Reply]
LoveT. 27/7/24 21:30

A great recipe.
I like the gluten free brownies.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 27/7/24 23:43

This hocolate cake is too tempting...

[Reply]
Mbul Kecil 28/7/24 01:18

Coconut sugar for your brownies sound good Angie...Looks sweet and healthy for dessert. Thanks for sharing your recipe...

[Reply]
Citu 28/7/24 01:20

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Balvinder 28/7/24 02:50

Excellent! I have seen the brownies with black beans. I think I can try this as I used kidney beans more.

[Reply]
Królowa Karo 28/7/24 10:51

I haven't made it with beans yet. Sometimes I bake with beets.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 28/7/24 13:11

I didn’t think that kidney beans and brownies even went together in the same sentence!

[Reply]
Judee 28/7/24 13:53

Looks delicious . I've baked brownies with black beans and it always came out moist and tasty.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 28/7/24 16:47

I have several with celiac disease and gluten free is all they can have sending this one along great recipe!

[Reply]
Anonymous 29/7/24 22:46

I may have to try it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

[Reply]
Anonymous 1/8/24 00:39

My gluten-free son is going to thank you for these! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Raymund | angsarap.net 1/8/24 07:31

Kidney bean on a brownie! wow that is bold, something new and definitely looks amazing, I bet this will taste awesome too

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top