Search Angie's Recipes


Chickpea Flour Hummus with Olives and Pine Nuts


© 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


A silky smooth, flavourful and healthy hummus that is so easy and fast to make. The secret is to use chickpea flour (also known as gram flour or besan) instead of whole chickpeas. Hummus made with the whole cooked chickpeas is great, but if you want ultra silky, light as air texture, and don't want to go to all the bother of peeling the skin off chickpeas, then chickpea flour is the answer. The dip will generally keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.

  • 80 g Chickpea flour
  • 550 ml Water
  • 3 Garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 100 g Tahini
  • 2 tbsp Lemon juice
  • 1/2-1 tsp Cumin powder
  • Dash of hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Sea salt
  • Olive oil
  • A mix of green and black olives
  • Pine nuts, toasted
  • Fresh parsley, chopped
  • Flatbread and vegetable sticks to serve
  1. In a medium saucepan, mix together the chickpea flour and water until lump free and well-combined. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook another 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool.
  2. Transfer the chickpea paste into the pitcher of your immersion blender. Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and hot sauce. Blend until smooth. Season with salt. If the mixture is too thick, add a little olive oil.
  3. Scrape into a bowl and cover a thin layer of olive oil. Sprinkle some olives, pine nuts and parsley over. Serve with flatbread, crackers or vegetable sticks.


http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



http://schneiderchen.de | © 2020 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


31 comments:

Evi Erlinda 18/11/20 21:58

Looks so silky and delicious!
I need to taste this kind of hummus! Yummy!

[Reply]
mjskit 18/11/20 22:07

What a fabulous idea to create a smooth and creamy texture to hummus. The texture of hummus made with chickpeas has always bothered me, so I love your idea of using chickpea flour. Love all the wonderful toppings. Thanks Angie!

[Reply]
Tom 19/11/20 00:38

...what a festive party treat!

[Reply]
Valentina 19/11/20 02:37

I'm ordering chickpea flour today! Love how silky smooth this looks. Can only imagine how delicious it is. :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
Abbe@This is How I Cook 19/11/20 04:55

I like the sound of this as I have chickpea flour on hand. This looks like and awesome hummus Angie!

[Reply]
speedy70 19/11/20 08:41

Quanto mi piace questa salsa, bravissima!!!

[Reply]
Noob Cook 19/11/20 14:48

I recently tried hummus and I loved it! This is a healthy & filling treat for sure.

[Reply]
Julie 19/11/20 15:08

love hummus and this looks a perfect dip to munch on some chips.

[Reply]
Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 19/11/20 15:29

I love how healthy this is I will have to look for chickpea flour I never even heard of it thanks for the recipe

[Reply]
Kitchen Riffs 19/11/20 15:33

I like hummus, but haven't even thought to make it from chickkpea flour. Neat idea! This looks great -- thanks.

[Reply]
Anonymous 19/11/20 18:10

What a wonderfully creamy dip! This looks addictive, Angie!

[Reply]
Pam 19/11/20 18:22

What a beautiful and delicious dip! Perfect for Thanksgiving.

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 19/11/20 19:30

What a great idea to use besam!.....I love it!!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake 20/11/20 01:31

Gorgeous! I used to make hummus sll the time snd your recipe has inspired me to s was hip up a batch!!

[Reply]
Aarthi | Prepbowls 20/11/20 02:51

What a brilliant idea to use chickpea flour to make the hummus, the texture looks so smooth and creamy. This would make a great dip with pita bread / veggies , thank you for the recipe, will try this for the upcoming holiday!

[Reply]
Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness 20/11/20 03:54

I love hummus. This sounds wonderful. This would be perfect to serve for the holidays.

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 20/11/20 10:56

It looks nice and I would love to taste it. Have a wonderful weekend.

[Reply]
Victoria 20/11/20 14:16

It's a very delicious dish! Thank you very much )

[Reply]
Ashley@CookNourishBliss 20/11/20 15:54

I would have never thought to use chickpea flour! So smart! We would go through that whole bowl quickly over here lol

[Reply]
Pattie @ Olla-Podrida 20/11/20 15:56

I have never worked with chickpea flour, but I LOVE hummus, and this looks SO GOOD!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 20/11/20 16:55

Hello Angie....I answered in my blog to your question, but I will paste here in case you missed it "Diwali is all about sweets, but you have salty dishes too that I will post next week....sweets because life is sweet, and because the good defeated the evil....take care!" ... Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Pam 20/11/20 18:06

Great dip, Angie! It has to be delicious with all those good ingredients, love those pine nuts in it. Take care

[Reply]
Suja Manoj 20/11/20 20:43

Delicious dip, with flour it is looking silky smooth, will surely try this recipe.

[Reply]
Debra Eliotseats 21/11/20 15:38

So that's the secret to smooth hummus. Love it. Thank you so much, Angie! I could eat this for an entire meal.

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 22/11/20 14:57

Well this is wonderful! I was digging in my freezer yesterday and noticed my chick pea flour, so I’m ready to make this! I like the goodies you put on top, too. Excellent.

[Reply]
Tisa Jacob 22/11/20 22:22

Chickpea flour! That is so neat to know. Your hummus looks luscious, Angie. I love the idea of olives in the mix!

[Reply]
SavoringTime in the Kitchen 23/11/20 22:44

I would have never thought to use chickpea flour to make hummus! What a great idea and it does look so smooth and silky!

[Reply]
Anonymous 24/11/20 19:04

Ooh what a fabulous idea. I use chickpea flour a lot, but never thought about using it for hummus. It looks really delicious, especially with those gorgeous toppings.

Choclette x

[Reply]
Raymund 24/11/20 21:02

Nice, this will make the hummus chunky, with added texture which I would really love

[Reply]
tigerfish 3/12/20 23:28

Great idea! Am going to check if I still have leftover chickpea flour for hummus *crossing my fingers*

[Reply]
Marcelle 9/12/20 18:31

Angie, I just added chickpea flour to my grocery list!! Wow, that is the most delicious-looking hummus I've seen. Absolutely craving it now!! 😋

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top