Potato salads make the perfect accompaniment to many meat dishes or a delicious and hearty meal on their own. I personally prefer the roasted potatoes instead of usual boiled one for my potato salads as it intensifies the flavour. If you can't find the smoky black forest bacon, use regular bacon.
- 800 g Small potatoes, cut into 2-3 chunks
- 2 tbsp Rosemary infused olive oil
- 5 slice Black forest bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Homemade mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Capers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 210C/420F. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan, then rub with rosemary infused olive oil, rosemary leaves and a sprinkling of salt. Roast for 30 mins until the potatoes have turned a deep golden brown. Leave to cool slightly.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Dry-fry the chopped bacon until crisp. Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, and the basil in a large bowl. Add in roasted potatoes and crispy bacon. Toss to coat and serve.
I want to thank Elisabeth at foodandthriftfinds for passing the "Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award" to me and Raven at Ravienomnoms sharing her "Stylish Blogger Award" with me. Thank You, ladies!