These chewy oatmeal cookies have a distinctive anise flavour and slight nutty taste. They are glazed with milk chocolate, topped with toasted chopped almonds, and low in sugar. We love these cookies, but if you aren't a fan of anise flavour, then these cookies are not for you.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 170C/340F. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Toast rolled oats in a skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Combine toasted rolled oats, ground einkorn, baking powder and anise powder in a bowl. Finely dice the marzipan. Cream together the diced marzipan, softened butter, egg, stevia, raw brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Drop tablespoonful of mixture onto prepared trays and press down slightly, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 10-12 mins until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the chopped milk chocolate in a bowl and set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth. Coat the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkle with some toasted almonds.