This extra moist and delicious zucchini banana bread (or cake) with a crunch oat topping is a combination of two all-time favorites. The deep dark colour and rich flavour come from the use of Dutch-processed cocoa powder and chopped milk chocolate.
|Streusel Topping||Cake Batter|
- Combine oats, ground einkorn flour, raw brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub in coconut oil until the mixture resmebles coarse crumbs. Stir in mixed seeds. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini on the small holes on a box grater. Squeeze shredded zucchini with your hands to remove as much excess liquid as possible. Line a standard-size loaf pan with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, einkorn flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together coconut oil, raw sugar, stevia, eggs, and bananas until well combined. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chunks.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the streusel over. Bake in the middle of hot oven for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.