I discovered this recipe on slimpalate via Pinterest a little while ago. It is surprisingly delicious, super easy to make, low-carb, low-calorie and gluten-free. You can use them as the pizza crust or simply top with fresh cheese spread or guacamole...very much like you would with a warm soft tortilla, but without extra calories or carbohydrates.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Separate cauliflower into smaller florets and remove most of the stem. Pulse until you get a texture slightly finer than rice. Once it’s riced measure it to make sure you have 2 cups packed.
- Place riced cauliflower in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes and stir, then another two minutes and stir again then place in a dish towel and squeeze excess water out as hard as you can. Be careful not to burn yourself because it’s going to be very hot.
- Place drained cauliflower back in bowl and add two eggs, salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture onto a baking sheet into 6 small fairly flat circles.
- Place in the hot oven for 10 minutes then pull out of the oven and carefully peel them off the parchment and flip them and place back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes. Once they’re done place them on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and place the tortillas into the pan pressing down slightly and brown them to your liking. Don’t skip this step because it gives them slightly crispy on the edges and gives them a wonderfully nutty taste.