This light and delicious NO BAKE cheesecake is perfect for summer. It is made with lower fat cream cheese, whipping cream, Swiss meringue and garnished with a mix of coconut and mint. I have also added a layer of cake roll in between, but other cake leftover or even Oreo cookies would make a great substitute.
Recipe inspired by Food Network
- Combine the rum and lime juice in a medium, heatproof bowl, and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, then place the bowl over a small pan of gently simmering water and stir several times to melt the gelatin, about 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the pan and cool the gelatin slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed until soft and light, scraping the bowl and beaters often. Beat in the cream until smooth. Combine the egg whites and sugar in the clean, dry bowl of the electric mixer and heat over simmering water, whisking constantly, until the egg whites are hot and sugar is dissolved. Attach the bowl to the mixer and whip with the whisk attachment at medium speed until cold and firm.
- Beat 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture into the dissolved gelatin, then beat the gelatin mixture into the remaining cream cheese. Fold in the meringue in several additions.
- Line a 25x13x6 cm /10x5x2 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap and set aside. Pour half of the filling into the prepared loaf pan, then the Swiss rolls and lastly the other half of the mousse. Cover and refrigerate until at least 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Use a vegetable chopper to process the desiccated coconut and mint leaves until well combined. Remove the cake from the form and place it on a serving plate. Sprinkle the coconut-mint mixture all over the cake.