This pasta is REALLY simple, fast, and delicious, too, just like most of Italian recipes. It perfectly combines the delicious flavours with balanced nutrition and since the sauce can be prepared ahead of time, this is ideal for those who haven't much time to cook, but are unwilling to compromise on a bottled sauce.
Adapted from Taste
- 120 g Pitted green olives
- 2 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch Mint, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch Flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan, plus extra shavings to serve
- 100 ml Olive oil
- Freshly mulled black pepper
- 400 g Spaghetti
- Some radicchio, shredded
- Rinse and drain olives, then pulse in a food processor with garlic, herbs, cheese and oil until roughly chopped, not smooth. Season with pepper.
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, then return pasta to pan.
- Add the pesto and shredded radicchio. Toss gently to combine. Serve with extra cheese shavings.