This is an easy dish to assemble and so tasty with loaded flavours. I had them with some spinach pasta and some greens for the lunch. It was a pure comfort. The smoked sweet paprika gives this creamy braised chicken dish a distinctive flavour.
Adapted from Taste
- 700 g Chicken drumsticks
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp Corn oil
- 2-3 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 clove Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2/3 tbsp Sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 can Tomato
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- 90 g Sour cream
- Some chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Rinse the chicken drumsticks thoroughly and pat them dry with paper towels. Give the drumstick a few cuts with a knife. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken drumsticks are golden. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Add sliced shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, until golden. Add in smoked paprika and cumin seeds. Stir briefly, then add in tomato and stock. Return the chicken drumsticks to the skillet. Bring it to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 10 minutes. Turn the heat off. Stir in sour cream. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
And I want to take this opportunity to thank my beautiful blog friends, Elisabeth at Food and Thrift Finds, Chris at Chris's Gourmet Fashion, Jessica at Cajunlicious and Tina at Flour Trader for passing on their awards to me. THANK YOU, ladies, for thinking of me!