These buttery shortbread cookies have a delicate green tea flavour and would be just wonderful for an afternoon break. Not a fan of green tea? Well, these cookies might change your mind and lighten up your day!
- 140 g All purpose flour
- 100 g Ground almond
- 15 g Matcha tea powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 200 g Butter, at room temperature
- 100 g Icing sugar, sifted
- Whisk together the flour, ground almond, matcha powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat the butter until soften, then add in sifted icing sugar and beat until light and pale. Add in flour mixture and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Divide the dough into two portions. Place a large sheet of cling film on the work surface and place one portion of dough onto cling film. Fold the cling film so that the dough is completely covered. Lightly roll it until you get a log, about 5 cm in diameter. Wrap the other portion of dough with a cling flim too. Chill them at least 2 hours or overnight until thoroughly firm.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F. Line two baking trays with paper. Remove from the fridge, and slice the log into cookies, about 5 mm thick. Roll the other dough out to 5mm thickness and cut with cookie cutter. Place the cookies on the prepared trays and bake 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on wire racks.