A simple tossed dish of spelt pasta, fresh tomatoes, basil and Parmesan is satisfying, healthy and filled with natural flavours. The addition of chickpeas ensure a healthy and nutritiously balanced meal.
- 100 g Wholemeal spelt rigatoncini
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 150 g Canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 250 g Ripe tomatoes, diced
- 10 Olives, pitted and chopped
- Some fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until tender, yet al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chickpeas and garlic, stirring frequently, until the chickpeas are just heated through. Add diced tomatoes, chopped olives, fresh basil, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine. To serve, divide the pasta among 2 serving plates and top with sauce and Parmesan cheese.