This simple whole wheat bread has proved that the wholemeal bread really doesn't have to be dense and dry. They taste great with homemade jam, mango chutney, herbal butter or cheese.
- 250 g Wholemeal
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 20 g Fresh yeast
- 175 ml Lukewarm water
- Mix together the wholemeal and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside. Dissolve the fresh yeast in 175ml water. Add into the flour mixture. Knead at the low speed until the dough forms and become smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp towel and let ferment at room temperature for about 40 minutes until the dough has doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 220C/430F with a bowl of boiled water.
- Punch down the dough and form into a roll, then divide into 8 portions. Round up and flatten each dough with your palm. Place them on a baking tray lined with a baking paper. Slash or cross-hatch the bread with a sharp knife. Spread some kernels on it. Allow them to rest for 30 minutes until about doubled.
- Bake the bread rolls in the middle of preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Remove and cool the bread rolls on a wire rack.
Ultra creamy, rich and moist chocolate cheesecake baked in a chocolate cookie crust. This would be a festive X'mas treat! For best results, make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. The cheesecake is done when the sides are set and the center is slightly wiggly.
- Grease a 10 inch springform pan and line with a baking paper. To prepare the curst, combine and sieve first five ingredients first in a bowl, cut in butter and egg until a smooth dough forms. Press firmly on the bottom and sides of prepare pan. Use a fork to prick the crust in regular intervals. Cover and chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F. Stir chopped chocolate and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over water and stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool briefly until lukewarm but still pourable.
- Blend quark and cream cheese in another bowl until smooth. Add in cocoa powder and pudding powder. Stir to combine. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Gently stir in lukewarm chocolate until completely blended. Pour filling over crust. Press cherries lightly into chocolate mixture if using. Bake until the filling is set, about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven and let cool in oven with door ajar for about 1 hour. Take out and cool completely. Chill the cake overnight.
- In a pot, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add in cherry, lemon juice and stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and let cool. Drizzle the chocolate cheesecake with cherry sauce or simply just dust with icing sugar.
Fruit chutneys are basically made by boiling fruit in acid, sugar and spices, and then simmering to reduce the liquids and fruit become soft and tender. Enjoy it with meats, chicken or curry dishes.
Chutney is an Anglo-Indian loan word derived from caṭnī, a term for a class of spicy preparations used as an accompaniment for a main dish. Chutneys usually contain idiosyncratic spice and vegetable mix that complement one another.
Chutneys usually are wet, having a coarse to fine texture. The Anglo-Indian loan word refers to fresh and pickled preparations indiscriminately, with preserves often sweetened. At least several Northern Indian languages use the word for fresh preparations only. A different word achār applies to preserves that often contain oil but are rarely sweet. Vinegar or citrus juice may be added as preservatives, or fermentation in the presence of salt may be used to create acid. Wikipedia
- Rinse the prunes, apples and onion clean. Pat them dry with kitchen towel. Cut prunes lengthwise into strips. Peel, core and dice the apples. Cut the onion into thin wedges.
- Place onion, raisins, prunes, ginger, mustard seeds, chillie, allspice, vinegar, sugar, and 2/3 of the water in a large saucepan. Set over medium-high heat, and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- Add the diced apples and the rest of the water. Stirring frequently, cook until apples are soft and translucent and liquid has been absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Transfer chutney immediately to jars.
A delicious and fruity salsa to serve with grilled fish, pork or chicken, or to enjoy as an appetizer. Not only versatile and delicious, salsa is extremely easy to make.
- 1 Ripe mangoangiesrecipes, diced
- 1 Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 Small sweet onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine diced mango, tomato, onion, and parsley in a medium bowl. Drizzle lime juice over mixture and toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
A real classic, easy and delicious winter dish with "Knorr Fix", combining ground meat (beef, or pork or a mix of two), bell peppers, and rice in a flavourful yummy tomato sauce.
- 1 package / 48 g Knorr rice stew fix
- 350 g Mixed ground beef and pork
- 125 g Long-grain rice
- 2 Purple onions
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 100 g Kidney beansangiesrecipes
- 700 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Corn oil
- Cut purple onions and bell pepper into small chunks. Set aside. Heat up a pot or a deep pan with oil over the medium heat. Add in ground meat and onions and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika chunks and rice and stir briefly. Pour in water and Knorr fix. Stir to combine and bring to boil. Stir in the kidney beans and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Fresh strawberry and cream cheese are a great inviting flavour combination. It is a light and delicious cheesy treat to fulfill anyone's sweet tooth.
I want to thank petite nyonya@A Nyonya's Kitchen for all seasons giving me this "Inspiration Award", and Sanghee@kothiyavunu sharing all her awards with me. I am really flattered.
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Spray a 8-inch bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter or margarine, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture gradually. Fold in strawberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let the cake stand on a cooling rack for about three minutes before removing from the pan.