Mango is one of the most delicious fruits in the world and regarded as a valuable item of diet. The flavor of the mango is described as a delicate, exotic blend of peach and pineapple flavors. They are great with poultry, seafood, smoothies, etc. and they can be eaten fresh.
- Rinse, pat dry and shred the chicken breast. Place the shredded chicken in a bowl, adding in the marinade, mix and set aside for 30 minutes. Cut the fresh mango lengthwise, along the pit. Peel and slice the flesh.
- Heat up some oil in a skillet. When hot, add in the marinated chicken and stir briefly until the pink colour has turned into ivory. Scoop out and drain.
- Leave one tablespoon of oil in the skillet and heat up again. Stir the minced garlic and shredded onion until aromatic. Add in white parts of spring onion and return the chicken to the skillet. Stir briefly. Add in water, mango slices, and tomato wedges, stirring, and season with salt if necessary, until all the ingredients are well-combined.
Strawberry marmalade is great for bagels, biscuits and toast. Gelling sugar I used for the recipe is a kind of sugar for making marmalade, which contains pectin as a gelling agent. Double the portion of sugar if a regular sugar applied. I am sending this to Strawberry Feast promoted by Happy Cook - Kitchen Treasury.
- 1.5 kg Fresh strawberries
- 1 Lemon peel and juice
- 1 package / 500 g Gelling sugar 2:1angiesrecipes
- 2-3 / 1lb Jars, warm and sterilized
- Prepare 2 or 3 1lb-jars and lids by washing well in warm soapy water and rinsing thoroughly. Bath them in a pan of boiling water for a while. Dry the jars.
- Well wash, remove stems and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel. Slice strawberries. Peel the lemon and thinly shred lemon rind. Drop in squeezed lemon.
- In a big nonaluminum pan, add the prepared fruits and the preserving sugar and combine them briefly. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. You would see a lot of liquid coming off the strawberries. Heat the strawberry mixture to boiling over medium heat, and allow it to boil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Ladle marmalade into still very warm jars to prevent the jars from cracking when the hot filling is added. Wipe jar rims clean and seal with lids and bands. Store marmalade in a cool and dry place. After opening jar, store marmalade in the refrigerator.
I am sending this Spiced Carrot Cookies to Sanghi’s Food Delights, for her event Fall In Love with Carrots for Season 2
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Wrap the mixture with a plastic film and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Remove the mixture from the fridge and shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cookies are firm. Remove and cool completely on a wire racks. Store the cookies in an airtight container. This recipe makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.
"Blechkuchen" is usually a basic sheet cake topped with seasonal fruit, very similar to a coffeecake. The name is a combination of two words "Blech" meaning "baking sheet" and "Kuchen" cake.
- Drain the canned cherries. Grease a 15x25-cm rectangle glass baking pan and sprinkle the bread crumbs on the bottom. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add in sugar and vanilla Mix together the flour, sugar and vanilla sugar. Add in butter and eggs, blend to mix well. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Flatten the cake surface with the wet hands.
- Place the drained cherries on the cake, and lightly press them into the batter. Bake for 45 minutes. The cake is baked through when you insert a skewer and it remains clean. Cool the cake completely and dust with icing sugar.
Spaetzle(literally translated from German language as (little sparrow). The dough typically consists of just flour, eggs, and a bit of salt. It can be firm enough to be cut into small thin pieces or batter-like, which can be pressed into a boiling salted water via colander or a special Spaetzle machine.
There are two kinds of Spaetzle: button-shaped/Knoepfle and elongated noodle alike. Spaetzle is not only just popular in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. Spaetzle is eaten as a side dish and usually served with gravy or other desired sauces. Of course you can try making flavoured Spaetzle, herb?paprika?cheese? Just give it a try. And I LOVE to stir-fry the plain Spaetzle with some vegetables(like cabbages, onions or sweet peppers) in red chilli oil, just giving it a spicy touch. Find Monday Mouthful Spaetzle by Chef E and Mindy .
- 200 g German #1050 flourangiesrecipes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 cup Water
- Stir together eggs, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and flour in a mixing bowl. Gradually add water to make a thick but smooth batter.
- In a large pot bring 5 cups of water and one teaspoon of salt to a boil. Set the Spaetzle maker over the pot. Scoop the batter in and crank the handle to have the button-shaped Spaetzle fall into the boiling water.
- Boil gently for a few minutes till they float to the top of the water. Remove them with a slotted ladle and toss with a little butter. So that they won't stick together. If you prefer stir them with some chilli oil and vegetable shreds. Another way to prepare them is to bake them with grated cheese and onion.
You will find "shrimp cakes" in Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Koren and Chinese cuisines. They are either coated with bread crumbs or sandwiched with wraps, and then pan-fried until golden crispy. This version of shrimp cake is said to be invented by Thai restaurants in Taiwan and has been called Yue Liang Xia Bing (月亮虾饼), literally translated as "Moon Shrimp Cakes" in English, because its round shape. Shrimp paste are spread between two sheets of spring roll wrappers and pan-fried. If you have the difficulty to get spring roll wrappers, then tortilla wraps would be a perfect substitute.
- Mix all the ingredients, except for the wrappers, in a bowl. Stir the mixture until it becomes a paste with smooth and shiny consistency.
- Spread a tablespoon of mixture on a wrap, top with another to form a pancake. Heat up some oil in a frying pan on medium heat. When the oil is ready, put the shrimp cake in and start frying until both sides turn golden.
- Drain and serve with plum sauce.
“Sweet Fermented Flour Paste” (or Tian Mian Jiang in Chinese) is a savory runny paste with salty sweetness made from flour and flour through fermentation. It is an ideal fix for stir-fry dishes, and a dipping for Peking duck. It’s not made from soya bean, and it’s not the same as hoisin sauce or plum sauce. It’s a traditional sauce used in northern Chinese cuisine while hoisin often seen in Cantonese or other southern kitchens and used as a substitute to serve with Peking Duck.
- Clean the chicken breast and pat it dry with kitchen towel. Cut them into 1-inch dices. Marinate chicken dices with cornstarch solution and salt for 30 minutes. Rinse the carrots and cut into 1-inch dices too.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside. Deep-fry diced carrots for about 5-8 minutes until cooked. Pour all but a tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Add in marinated chicken and stir until tender.
- Remove chicken and add in sesame oil in a skillet, add in the sauce and stir until thickens. Return the carrots and chickens, stir until thoroughly heated.