- Soak the lavender in hot water briefly, Drain and set aside. Stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat the egg, and blend into the butter and sugar in 3 times. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the lavender flowers and the sieved flour mixture. Cover the batter in greaseproof wrapper and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Take out and divide it into 25-27 small portions. Shape dough into balls and place two inches apart on the tray lined with a baking paper. Lightly flatten them with a tablespoon.
- Bake in the lower part of the preheated 175C/350F oven for about 20 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.