This lemon poppy seed einkorn cake is deliciously healthy, and quick to make, and perfect for a spring brunch. The flavours of lemon and poppy seeds complement each other beautifully in this loaf cake, but chia seeds and coconut were added for extra goodness and flavour. If desired, prepare a lemon syrup and drizzle over the warm cake.
Einkorn Chia Poppy Loaf Cakeadapted from taste
- Line a 20cm loaf pan with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Whisk together the ground einkorn, ground poppy seeds, coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the stevia powder, liquid stevia, melted coconut oil, coconut cream, eggs, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix gently until well combined. Transfer the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with the blueberries if using.
- Bake in the middle of hot oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out the cake and cool on a wire rack completely.