This roasted cauliflower salad with adzuki beans in ginger vinaigrette is healthy and filling. It would make an especially great side for roasted chicken or grilled fish or simply just as it is. It is vegan, loaded with nutrients and low in calories as well.
- Put beans in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Put olive oil, grated ginger, chopped garlic, lime juice, pepper flakes, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk to make a dressing.
- Drain beans and put in a large pot with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain and toss with the dressing. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Put a griddle pan on a high heat. Cut the cauliflower vertically into 1cm-wide slabs. Rub the slices in oil and season. Grill in batches for eight to 10 minutes, turning halfway, until lightly toasted and tender in the middle. Transfer to a warm place and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Lay the cauliflowers on plates, spoon over the adzuki beans and scatter on the parsley.