This fruity yoghurt cake is easy and fast to mix, tender and delicious. The yoghurt, in-season berries and stone fruits make this cake moist and flavourful. Some of the sugar is replaced with stevia and applesauce. You can use any other seasonal fruit instead of blueberry and nectarine, and replace yoghurt with sour cream if you prefer.
Blueberry, Nectarine Spelt Cake with Yoghurt and Almondadapted from taste
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Lightly grease a 26cm springform pan and line the base with baking paper. Whisk together the almond meal, wholegrain spelt flour, and baking powder.
- Beat the softened coconut oil, stevia, and coconut sugar together in a large bowl until combined. Add in applesauce, and the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined.
- Stir in half the flour mixture and yoghurt until just combined. Stir in the remaining flour until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Scatter the blueberries and nectarine wedges evenly over the top. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Dust with icing sugar and cut into slices to serve.